“Great location, great stay”

BEST WESTERN PLUS San Pedro Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cincinnati, United States
“Great location, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise from LA San Pedro terminal. Great staff, very welcoming. Room was large and well equipped. Breakfast had lots of options and a nice eating area. Shuttle to the ship was well organized and very convenient!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank Carol B
SanPedro_GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS San Pedro Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We take pride in the service we are providing and the staff is happy to help. We look forward to your visit with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

With the package deal, you can park your car here for your whole your cruise. They shuttle you too and from the ship (about 10 min). The place is clean, and breakfast (pastries, muffins, juice, fruit, coffee, scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgium waffles, etc) is included. Plenty of fast food nearby for lunch/dinner, but not real restaurants in the area. Don't try to park too late, as there aren't a lot of spaces. We had to park outside overnight, but found a spot in the garage the next morning. Also, staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Park before 7pm to make sure you get a spot in the garage.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AcademicDeluge
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel prior to cruise. This hotel is conveniently located near shops, restaurants and cruise ship terminal. Check in was very convenient and friendly. We arrived early from airport they allowed us to check in right away as a room was ready. Our front desk host recommended an excellent diner down the street for lunch. Our room was very impressive and well appointed. The linens and amenities were superior.Our friends made use of the free business centre.The free breakfast offered an excellent variety of hot and cold items. The complimentary shuttle service to cruise terminal was very well organized and efficient. We will be staying here again!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter at the back of the main building as street traffic is quite busy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank swalmsley
Markham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I booked one night room on Feb 17 before cruise through Expedia. When I checked in at late night, the front deck guy can't find my reservation. Then he found out there's a mistake, it showed I booked a room on Feb 16. I told him it's impossible because I booked a room in Hilton at same city, how can I stayed in two hotels at one night? He said he can do nothing because I made a reservation through Expedia. But he referred me to Crown Plaza nearby with a great price, very kindly. I negotiated with Expedia the next morning, then they talked to the manager in Best Western. The manager's very generous, gave me the full refund, even it's not their problem. I'll definitely rebook this hotel next time and tell my friends that excellent service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Niwawa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Amanda was the best at taking care of everyone! There'sa free shuttle to the port. We did have to wait to check in because of an early arriving flight but that was understandable. Amanda sent us to a great diner. Easy place to get to and leave from without hassles.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Turkey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed only one night. The room was spacious, clean but was facing a busy road, so it was loud outside and I couldnt sleep well. Taking into account that I oaid $155 for a night, I am quite frustrated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Nikki7778
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here a couple weeks ago for one night as part of a park and cruise package they offer. This is very convenient-you can stay the night before your cruise, keep your car parked at their property, and they will shuttle you to and from the cruise port. As far as that piece goes, it worked well. The shuttle left on time in the morning-you reserve a time with the desk the night before. However, upon pickup, when we called the hotel for a ride back, they didn't ask how many in our party-apparently they did the same to another group also waiting, because we had one person too many. A wife ended up sitting on her husband's lap-not a huge crisis, but I felt like this could have been coordinated a little better. Our car was fine when we returned.
As far as the hotel-we were pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. We were placed in the "bungalow", a small building just behind the main hotel. Not a problem us (we're fit and in our 30's) but there was no elevator to the 2nd floor, just a lot of stairs due to the height of the ceilings...just a heads up that this could be a big problem for some-especially if you have enough luggage to drag up there for an entire cruise! The room was very large with a separate area for the "office". This is a great setup if you have someone that likes to sleep later or get up early. A few small complaints on the room--the sheets had VERY threadbare patches on them, bordering on large holes. Just replace at this point, it looks tacky. My biggest complaint-A LOT of hair in the shower. This is a huge turnoff for me. The rest of the room seemed clean, but it's always hard to get past that one.
As many have stated, the hotel is in a crummy part of town. It's convenient to the port, but not much else. And it is on a noisy street, with some "interesting" neighbors to the rear. Just try to request a quieter room if you can.
Coffee is available in the lobby 24/7, which my husband loves. Breakfast was adequate, but the layout made it hard to get what you wanted without causing traffic jams. Hard to correct that problem though.
THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WE HAD WAS BOOKING OUR RESERVATION! We almost didn't stay here, and I hope the hotel reads this carefully. When I called to make the reservation, the girl at the front desk said "We're busy right now, can you call back in a few hours?" Um, ok, never had that happen. So I did. And I couldn't get through. If I managed to get through to a human, they would put me on hold and then it would disconnect after a few minutes. Then I think they even took the phones off the hook because subsequent calls wouldn't even go through! WE ALMOST DIDN'T STAY HERE! I decided the next day to give them one more shot, and luckily for them, they answered and booked the reservation. However, that whole incident left a bad taste in my mouth.
Bottom line-would we stay here again? We'd probably give them another shot for the convenience of the park and cruise deal, but it wasn't anything spectacular.

Room Tip: If road noise is a concern, be sure to specify that when making your reservation. If you want to be...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple