“Good food, but overall experience only so-so”
Review of Speranza

Ranked #2,871 of 10,086 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Good food, but overall experience only so-so”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My friend and I chose Speranza for a recent dinner based on a recommendation. We decided to meet there - and both of us got lost. The place is incredibly difficult to locate. It is on a dark corner, and there is no visible sign to tell you that you have found it. Once we arrived, we had to wait for an uncomfortable length of time before someone offered us a table. One we sat down, though, everything went very well. The food was delicious, and the pasta was homemade. They were happy enough to bring us more bread, and although we had to ask for the check, since the service was so relaxed and slow, they brought that out right away as well. Prices were reasonable, but no great value. I enjoyed my meal, but won't go rushing back for a bit.

• Visited November 2011

Los Angeles, CA
“Pasta with a side of rude”
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I've been dining/ living in LA for 10 years. In all that time, no manager has ever asked me if I was leaving because they needed my table.... until last night, while I was attempting to have a nice romantic meal with my lady.

We arrived as walk-ins and were basically told that they were doing us a favor by seating us at a table on the sidewalk away from literally everyone in the joint. Ok, roll with it. No liquor license? We go across the street to Bogie's liquor which, I'm sorry to say, has a crap wine selection. Ok, roll with it. My girl gets cold and we politely ask for a heater. Sorry, none available. Ok, roll with it. The food was ok... Farfalla's italian dishes blow this restaurant out of the lake. Anyhoo, we get to the end of the meal and the manager I'll call "Blondie"... an aging hippie... basically asks us to leave because they're busy and need our table. We had been there for an hour and 15... our food was rushed out to us... it just felt wrong. I will NOT roll with that. So, I gave Blondie a piece of my mind and left... after enjoying my wine for another 15 minutes... we still had half a bottle left when she approached us. Classy. We won't be returning. Hope you guys have a better experience.

los angeles
“great, easy, casual Italian food”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

A great east place to grab some Italian food. Love the lamb chops. Bring a bottle of wine and enjoy a great dinner.

burbank
“speranza”
Reviewed November 30, 2008

hey, usually people go for the restaurant for good food so i can't complain in that department. I got the shrimp and asparagus with fresh pasta it was good, a little extra ($4) but worth it. My bf got a rigatoni bolognese and was also good. The salad leaves seemed a little old but all it took was for me to take out 3 or 4 bad leaves and it was good enough to eat. The service was not as good as the food. I went on a saturday 11/29/08/ it was some what busy. The waitress (some chick with dark hair) was a little on the rude side she had a little of an attitude when i asked her what something was like i was suppose to know. the dude with the dreads was really friendly and helpfull. Him along with the food made the experience good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Awesome, great Milanese...”
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Awesome, great Milanese cuisine. Owner is German and has his mother's recipe for meringue cookies...to die for

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook