“I love Masa”

Ranked #264 of 10,251 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Yes, we make Chicago Deep Dish Pizza right here in Echo Park. All of our "masa" (dough) is baked fresh daily in our bakery, and our sauces & dressings are made from scratch. Ingredients are organic & locally sourced whenever possible & we are proud to serve "imported" Chicago favorites like Authentic Hot Giardiniera. Many of our dishes are old family recipes - lovingly passed down. Our Masa family hopes you enjoy your dining experience as much as we enjoy having you. Eat, Drink & Be Merry and... Don't Forget to Save Room for Dessert!
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I used to live round the corner and would walk over for brunch every single weekend, sometimes twice. It's brilliant for dinner, too — I always took visiting out of towners. I moved to the other side of the word and I miss it so much.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I love Masa! Food is always delicious, excellent pizza, and excellent service! I would highly recommend.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Love to go to Masa for many reasons! Because there is usually a wait on weekends, we get to put on our name on the list then go across the street to a nifty bar and cool our heels. The pizza is magnificent - we get the classic veggie. The beer selection is fab and the servers are all genuine and friendly. Never any attitude and just a great neighborhood spot to wind down.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

From time to time, we get into the Echo Park area but have always been stuck eating in the same coffee shop. Tonight we decided to take a chance on something different, and boy, are we glad we did. While waiting for our deep-dish pizza (which we were told is their specialty), we split a fantastic Caesar salad. The single serving was more than enough for the two of us (and we are hearty eaters), but what stood out wasn't the size. The salad was elegant, yet full of great surprises: fabulous cheese, strips of bacon, a crouton-like wedge of garlicky toast that was sooo good. The salad was accompanied by a warm loaf of just-baked bread that, for all it's simplicity, was as good as anything I've had in a while.

During the salad time, we were treated to the sights of Sunset Boulevard in the evening, courtesy of our window table (we'd do this part again too)!

But when the pizza finally arrived (it takes forty-five minutes to bake), the knocking off of our socks was completed. Seriously, it's unfair to compare a Masa pizza to anything you've ever called by the same name. I've been eating pizza for a lifetime now, and I've never tasted anything more delicious. We ordered the "Standard," and I assure you it will be my pizza standard from here on out.

Lindsey, our waitress, provided first-rate service too, so yeah... we can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

great place for hanging out. Coffee incredible. Service could
be better. Gets frenetic at times. Food is good - varied menu
vegetarians dream. Have wonderful breakfasts - lunches also.
Never been there for dinner - but hear it is awesome as well.