“Try the Bread Pudding! (I actually liked it better than the pizza!)”
Review of Masa of Echo Park

Masa of Echo Park
Ranked #205 of 9,978 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Yes, we make Chicago Deep Dish Pizza right here in Echo Park. All of our "masa" (dough) is baked fresh daily in our bakery, and our sauces & dressings are made from scratch. Ingredients are organic & locally sourced whenever possible & we are proud to serve "imported" Chicago favorites like Authentic Hot Giardiniera. Many of our dishes are old family recipes - lovingly passed down. Our Masa family hopes you enjoy your dining experience as much as we enjoy having you. Eat, Drink & Be Merry and... Don't Forget to Save Room for Dessert!
Los Angeles, California
“Try the Bread Pudding! (I actually liked it better than the pizza!)”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Bit of advice - if you are going to order a deep dish pizza, call 20 minutes before you arrive so they can start preparing it. It takes about 40 minutes to cook, so at least by the time you get there, they've already started to make it.

My husband and I came here on Saturday 10/13/12 at 9:00AM. Yes, I said AM... nothing wrong with eating pizza for breakfast. ;)

Ordered:
1 Small Traditional Deep Dish $14.95
1 Bread Pudding $7.95
1 Diet Coke $2.25
1 Ginger Ale $2.25
=============================
TOTAL: $27.40 + tax + tip

OMG, we were so full afterward. Mind you that this was our ONLY meal we ate the entire day. The crust was good and the chunks of tomato was a nice contrast with the crust. The bread pudding is made from croissants so I don't even want to know how many calories are in a slice! It also has bits of chocolate and thinly sliced almonds in it. I would go back just for that bread pudding!

There aren't too many restaurants in Southern California that serve traditional deep dish pizzas, and Masa's is one of them. The service was very friendly. The interior is eclectic with the decor with mismatched chairs and abstract art.

My husband doesn't care for bread pudding, but once he tried Masa's he's definitely a bread pudding fan now!

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Lordgin1
“The Absolute Best Food In Los Angeles!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are one of the many lucky patrons who have stepped into this amazing restaurant, then you will be a fan for life. The food is by far the best in Los Angeles with selections ranging from salads, Meat Loaf and a wide variety of delicious, fresh ingredients. The highlight for any patron will be the pizza. The Deep Dish Chicago Pizza is as authentic as it gets and surpasses anything Chicago has to offer! My favorites are the Bistro Pizzas which are a thin, crispy crust filled with a variety of the tastiest options. Try the "Elysian Park," which has Italian Beef, Proscuitto and Giardiniera which is some of the spiciest peppers you will find anywhere! You can also build your own pizzas there but why would you want to when the chefs (artist) have already created the best for you?

In addition to the amazing food, the service is fantastic! We've been there so much we've been served by everyone including the owners and it is always exceptional. The service is quick and attentive followed by a friendly and genuine smile. Everybody, especially, the diners are happy to be there! The interior is very "homey" with classic furniture and an eclectic collection of decor. An amazing selection of black and white photos from the early 1900's adds to the nostalgic feel Masa offers, in addition to the Black and White movies playing in the background.

I can not say enough about how good this restaurant is. It is rare in this day and age of fast foods, plastic chairs and conveyor belt service, that a gem like Masa of Echo Park is found. My wife, my friends and I are all very passionate about this restaurant and we hope that we have conveyed that to all that appreciate good food!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lordgin1
Lincoln, California
“Very Good Deep Dish Pizza”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Spending most of our life in the Chicago area we miss deep Dish Pizza and Italian Beef sandwiches. Masa of Echo Park made a Deep Dish that is just a good as any we had in Chicago. We ordered the large for the four of us and took home the other half. We also had their salad while we waited for the pizza. It is worth the wait.
Now if we could find a good Chicago style Italian beef everything would be good.

• Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Very good pizza--anyone can eat here”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I come here with my vegan and vegetarian friends. They have really good vegan pizza, and I say that as a meat eater. I sometimes order the vegan pizza. Good place to meet up with friends. East parking in a nearby lot. I recommend reservations.

Visited February 2012
Miami, Florida, USA
“Wide variety of healthy and delicious options”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The sunny decor and friendly staff are just part of the ambience. From the music to the food, and including the friendly clientele conversations surrounding you, It's a great experience.
Note: the deep dish pizza takes about 40 minutes, so order when you have time to enjoy the room and the company you're keeping.

• Visited September 2012