“Wonderful hotel and fantastic service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Erwin
Ranked #10 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brentwood, California
“Wonderful hotel and fantastic service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

We booked this hotel for 2 nights over the internet for an $89 special. When we arrived, we were greeted by the bellman/valet who took our luggage and us to our room. For $50 I upgraded to the partial ocean view apartment. It was wonderful - a living room with sofa, chair, fireplace, 42" plasma flat screen TV, kitchen fully stocked, dining room table and chairs, beautiful bedroom with plush Beautyrest mattress, TV, etc. Both rooms had a balcony. The only negative is there is valet parking only at $16.50 per day. You can park on the street if you can find a place. The views overlook the Santa Monica bay and the Venice boardwalk. There were restaurants within walking distance but at night it was a bit spooky with homeless and pot smoking folks! It was so cold we checked out after 1 night. The hotel has been remodelled and they are going to add a restaurant on the roof top floor. There was complimentary high speed internet in the room. A great place!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank dburd
Marina_Pacific_Hotel, General Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this review, March 2, 2009
Dear dburd,

On behalf of all of us at the Marina Pacific Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Marina Pacific Hotel. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Please feel free to call me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Warm Regards,

Benjamin Malmquist
Marina Pacific Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Polish first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2008

I LOVE the Marina Pacific Hotel. I visit the Marina Pacific every 3 to 4 months to recharge. It is my home away from home. All my friends and family know this is "my" hotel. The rooms are great. The construction took awhile but was worth the wait. I'm anxious for the restaurant and room service hopefully. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff always go out of their way to make sure my stay is as wonderful as possible.

It's close to the airport so a shuttle from the airport is easy and convenient. Hanging out at the Venice Beach boardwalk is fun and free entertainment just watching all the people. It's fun to sit on the balcony and watch the crowds from the comfort of your room if you feel like it. Lots of good resturants within walking distance and some even deliver.

If I ever ran away from home, this is where my family would find me. :o)

• Liked — How close it is to the beach and boardwalk
  • Disliked — no room service
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank momzilla38
Marina_Pacific_Hotel, General Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this review, January 21, 2009
Dear momzilla38,

On behalf of all of us at the Marina Pacific Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. I wanted to follow up with you personally, as you are a most valued client and we appreciated receiving your feedback.

Please feel free to call me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Warm Regards,

Santa Monica
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
#1 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Hotel Erwin? Share your experiences!