Hotel Erwin
Cadillac Hotel(Los Angeles)
Average 3/5
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Marina del Rey Marriott(Marina del Rey)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Jamaica Bay Inn(Marina del Rey)
  • Pool
Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel(Marina del Rey)
Very Good 4/5
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
  • Pool
Sea Shore Motel(Santa Monica)
1,423 results
All reviewsrooftop barvenice beachocean viewsanta monicamuscle beachstay in veniceabbot kinneyperfect locationboutique hotelvalet parkingvalet servicebabbobalconyskatehipcaliforniaminibar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The location is really great, it's practically on the beach. The service was incredible and the views from the rooftop bar are really amazing, particularly at sunset. It will be my first choice next time I will be in town!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Angelica V, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review! We’re happy to hear your experience exceeded your expectations. We can’t wait for you to come back!

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here with a friend-this hotel hit the mark and then some on all points-great location one block from Venice Beach, neighborhood a little urban and gritty, but I like that-killer food at the High Rooftop Bar (you must have lamb sliders and fresh guacamole) and BarLo for breakfast (Eggs Benedict and Salmon on Bagel-awesome), really comfortable bed and large bathroom, partial ocean view with balcony-worth the upgrade, provided beach towels and bag, and staff was really friendly and helpful! Miguel at the front desk was really extra personable and accommodating! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: partial ocean view was really nice . . .
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We’re happy to hear you not only enjoyed the unique location but also the plush accommodations and delicious food! Our team takes pride on making our guests feel at home and Miguel is an excellent example of that. We can’t wait for you to come back!

All the best,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I'm a hospitality professional so my expectations of service are already fairly high. So it's rare when I find a hotel that not only delivers on, but exceeds my expectations. Every single person I encountered made me feel truly welcomed. Not in a scripted way the way the chains train their staff. In an authentic and genuine way. Each person is encouraged to be themselves and communicate in their voice - nothing rehearsed here.I did have a couple of random problems (to be expected) that were immediately addressed and resolved. And that's what's important. Venice Beach may not be for everyone, but if you have to stay anywhere in the area, stay here. That is if you like 5-star level service in a way that makes you feel right at home.

Room Tip: I had a partial oceanview which was nice. But if you are coming to the beach, just spend the extra dollars to make your experience complete. The sunsets are incredible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are delighted to hear you had positive interactions with our team throughout your stay and that we made you feel right at home! It was truly our pleasure to have you as a guest and we look forward to your next visit!

Until then,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I chose this hotel primarily for its views onto Venice Beach. The hotel was of a higher standard than I expected, it was clean and I stayed in a recently refurbished Ocean View King room. For me it was worth the extra money as I enjoyed the start of sunset from my balcony and also had breakfast (which was good) out there.
The cocktails on the rooftop bar were well made and good value and the view of the sunset from up there was brilliant.
I was able to leave my bags with the valet attendant in the morning for him to put in my car and then I came an collected my car early afternoon once I'd wandered round exploring the local area.
Not the cheapest hotel, but not the most expensive hotel with good beach views either!

Room Tip: Go for an Ocean View King and enjoy the views across the beach and out to sea.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Angelica V, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We’re happy to hear we surpassed your expectations! Nothing beats waking up to a gorgeous sunrise from the comfort of your private balcony and catching a sunset on the rooftop. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you again.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

There is a lot to like about the Erwin. It’s a small boutique hotel in the heart of Venice Beach, just a block off the sand. While some might find the neighborhood a little off-putting; we found it fun and urban. The roof top bar is great, and the restaurant downstairs served surprisingly good food and had very friendly service. The beds are pretty comfortable and the minibar is well stocked.

The views sucks unless you get an ocean view or sunset ocean view room (we fortunately booked the former). I posted a pic of the view. Our room was well over $400/night, and I don't think the service or room warranted the price.

Lastly, in the evening the tiny lobby and the rooftop bar were filled with quite a few 30 year-old adolescents. I'm just past the point where I find that energy fun, but if you still drink Jägermeister or wear a retro hat of some kind...you might be entertained.

All that said, we'd stay again during the week but probably not on the weekend. And I probably wouldn't spend more than $275 for an ocean view room.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms if you want any view or just piece and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mermaidit

We’re happy to hear you had a fun during your time with us and thank you for sharing that gorgeous photo you took! We take pride in the details and you’ll see that in our quirky minibar setup. We’ll see you next time your travels take you to Venice Beach.

All the best,