Hotel Erwin
Loews Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)
$293
$249
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $313/night.

The LINE(Los Angeles)
$169
$189
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$263
$236
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $286/night.

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Breakfast included
$150
$135
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$162
$134
$134
$107
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$200
$186
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$329
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $536/night.

1,444 results
All reviewsrooftop barvenice beachocean viewsanta monicahigh barmuscle beachstay in veniceabbot kinneyperfect locationboutique hotelvalet parkinghotel guestsvalet servicebabbobalconyskatehip
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel was nice, a solid 3-4 star experience.

Pros: Amazing view from the Rooftop bar, friendly staff. Really really good hotel restaurant "Barlo" was better than the majority of the restaurants in the area. Loved their friendly waiters and the classic hollywood movies playing on the big screen tv, bonus points for the staff chatting trivia/history about the classic movie. Made for a nice SoCal ambiance. Relatively quite room.

Meh: The rooms were ok, totally acceptable comfortable bed, relatively clean. But it felt like they made them cosmetically trendy instead of updating the carpet and counters. Not a big thing, but just wanted to set visitor expectations.

Cons: The other guests. There was a raging party in the hallway from 11pm-midnight, I suspect folks were loading up on alcohol before going out, screaming and running between rooms. Seriously felt like spring break. Plus there was Weed/Pot everywhere. Who ever was in my room last used the hotel postcard to roll a joint on and left sticky green leaves. And you guessed it my room smelled like pot, but hey it's Venice beach and the hotel is on the same block as a green medical center, so to be expected. I figured it would airout, but to my dismay I came back to my room late the next night to an even heavier pot smell. :( Now I'm suspecting a neighoring guest was smoking in their room and the air duct was funneling the smoke into my room. I'm not happy but at 11pm it's too late to switch rooms, only to be woken up at 1am by heavy pot smoke, as if they just came back from the bar to light up in their room. COME ON PEOPLE! Have some respect for other people, at least go outside to smoke.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bearrugger
Angelica V, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure having you and thank you for visiting our hotel and Barlo during your time in Venice! We were disappointed to read about the challenges you encountered regarding the smoking and party next door. Rest assured, we take your feedback very seriously and will be working on improving our attention to this matter. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to Venice Beach!

All the best,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We purchased one night at the Hotel Erwin at a charity auction. A night in Venice, CA would be a hoot for two Orange County types.

Understand the town of Venice is the ultimate funky beach community. Spotty, good properties next to run down properties. Definately marches to it's own drummer. This is what makes it so interesting. A local t-shirt reads "Venice...where Art meets Crime".

The Hotel Irwin sits in the middle of this funkyness. The hotel itself (I believe a converted Best Western) has been upgraded and stylized. Joie de Vivre seems to do this type of upgrade and it seems to work. We had a balcony room with a side ocean view. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel right in the middle of the action.

There was a rooftop bar that was pretty cool, but we ran out of time before getting a chance to try it out.

If you plan to brave Venice, I would recommend a stay at this unique hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We hope you and your guests enjoyed the change of scenery from Orange County to Venice Beach a fun and eclectic experience. Venice Beach truly does march to its own beat but that’s what makes it so special. People of all walks of life are welcomed to its pretty beaches and lively scene. Hotel Erwin is the perfect home base for a day of Venice Beach exploration and we’re happy to hear you found your time worthwhile. We hope you’ll come back and visit us again soon and don’t forget to stop by the rooftop next time!

All the best,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been going to this hotel since they opened (in fact I've been going to this same location for over 30 years) The staff, rooms, food and location is 2nd to none on Venice Beach. They have a rooftop bar that overlooks the ocean and if you go, make reservations to see the sunset while you have a cocktail. I have been there twice this year and planning another visit for Novemeber. Give it a try, you'll be hooked

Room Tip: Ocean view is always great as the view is beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We are truly honored that you’ve chosen Hotel Erwin time and time again after so many years. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return in November!

Wishing you all the best until then,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived early from LAX and front-desk person (Miguel?) made sure I could get into a room ASAP after flying cross-country. He also made sure my room was on the quieter side of the building, which was a good move (overlooking 17th.) So two thumbs up! Daily housekeeping was always courteous and thorough, promptly tidying the generous sized room and modern bath. On this stay, the WiFi was a bit spotty in the room. The Erwin is between the main drag (Pacific) and the beach, so LOTS of activity all the time, plus there's a popular bar on the rooftop. For street parking, I used Mildred Ave and it was free & convenient. For morning caffeine, I'd walk up to Westminster for a cup at Groundwork Coffee then continue up to Santa Monica Pier. Overall, a comfortable, clean oasis in the cultural mixing pot of Venice Beach!

Room Tip: Middle floors on 17th are probably the quietest!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BTH1

Thank you so much for choosing Hotel Erwin during your visit to California. We’re happy to hear our superstar team member, Miguel, was able to take such good care of you after a long flight. We’re excited to announce that we have upgraded our internet provider and our guests will have access to a stronger wifi connection at the end of this month. It was an absolute pleasure having you and we hope you’ll come back and visit us again!

Wishing you all the best until then,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here for one night in late August 2013, I was referred to this hotel through a hotwire booking.

I would like to say that this hotel was fantastic, easily one of the best value-for-money spots on the Venice Beach strip if you're looking for a 4-star hotel.

The hotel rooms are very modern and extremely clean, I was surprised by how clean the rooms were to the point that they look brand new. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful.

The hotel features a rooftop patio bar which is apparently one of the best places to go on the strip. Some locals were waiting outside for their reservations and were telling us how great the place is, unfortunately we did not make it up there! The view must have been great though as it overlooks the beach from 7 stories up.

I have no complaints about this hotel, it met and exceeded my expectations and the price was right.

I strongly recommend staying here if you are in the Venice Beach area and are looking for something a little more exciting than a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a kind review. Our rooftop bar truly is a Venice Beach gem that is not only a local favorite but also a must visit for any Venice Beach visitor. You’ll have to come back and experience the rooftop next time you’re in Venice! We truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Wishing you all the best,