$261
$123
$214
$167
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$146
$114
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$190
$142
Priceline
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$459
  • Beachfront
$475
1,483 results
All reviewsrooftop barvenice beachocean viewhigh barsanta monicastay in venicemuscle beachabbot kinneyperfect locationboutique hotelvalet parkingcool hotelhotel guestsvalet servicebabbobalconyskate
Reviewed April 7, 2013

stayed for 2 nights in the Erwin in late march, enjoyed the hotel, the rooftop terrace was great as was the restaurant. However did not enjoy Venice, full of weirdos , tattoos and homeless.

we travelled from the erwin as our base as we just did not get Venice, I would stay at the hotel again if I was happy to stay within the hotel, but if I was looking for a base maybe I would not choose Venice again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 51-John
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved staying in this hotel on Venice Beach after a long drive from Las Vegas. The location was perfect for the beach and promenade areas and there were plenty of great restaurants within walking distance

The staff were incredibly relaxed and friendly, the food, drinks and ambience of the restaurant and bar areas fabulous.

The rooms were quirky but very pleasant.

Loved our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

One of those moments when I know i am getting older-on my recent visit to Venice beach with my 18 yo son looking to move to the area. i dont know the previous history, however the current Hotel owners definitely gave it a valiant effort to renovate over an old no frills three star type of hotel to its current existence. the room i was in (304) was small but updated with a decent tv, mattress, clean crisp sheets, small bath separated with a slider( not optimum with a roommate) kept clean from what i could see. the downstairs restaurant, though tiny, had a decent breakfast and the hotel has made every attempt to offer full service with the space they have to work with. The roof is gigantic and is a great party spot for sunsets, although it was just too cold on our visit to enjoy. Walls were on the thin side and not the best for light sleepers. the room was priciey- i didn't enjoy my view and the dumpsters smell lining the alley outside my room- ask for the other side, needless to say i didn't open the door for fresh air. valet was convenient but on the expensive side at $30 a day.
the area around the hotel is where is was feeling my oats- very dirty with lots of trash from the beachgoers and a carnival like ( not in a good way) atmosphere with all the stalls selling tourist junk. Wasn't the safest feeling getting coffee early morning and walking around at night with lots of what appeared to be homeless people. I think next time ill stay down the beach and ride a bike to the boardwalk if i want to visit the carnival for the day...

Room Tip: stay off trash alley and away from the trash trucks that come through at 7 am
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank indikanegril
Reviewed March 26, 2013

What can I say? From the moment I arrived for an impromptu visit until I left everything was truly fantastic. I am a seasoned traveler and event planner (Domestic/International) and have high (but reasonable) expectations.Hotel Erwin has an amazing team (Michal, Steve, Aaron, Athena,Erin, housekeeping, valets, front desk, barlo staff- to name a few). The valet staff -awesome, front desk well informed and friendly, room service took under 20 minutes, the Barlo burger and truffle fries? to.die.for... High rooftop Lounge is- a- must, curl up with a blanket in one of the seating areas (killer view no matter where you are ) and tuck into some wonderful small plates and drinks (they accommodate gluten free diets), the view is simply perfect. My room was lovely (very roomy, the colors, bedding, toiletries, and artwork top notch) private deck with sliding doors created an outdoor living-nice touch! Michal was the perfect host for my stay- plan to come back soon to stay and hold a meeting or two in the hotels versatile meeting space! Not your typical hotel to say the least! Thanks for making my first visit to Venice Beach a memorable one!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Shetravels468,

We all agree here that the Barlo burger is the best in town. Thank you for the staff mentions, we will make sure to pass them along. I see this was your first trip to Venice Beach; hopefully it will not be the last.

Best,
Sean Castady
Hotel Erwin

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at Hotel Erwin in April 2012.
There were 4 of us (girlfriends) and we shared a Partial Ocean View Suite.
STAFF: The valet and front desk team are fabulous, even when I backed my rental car into one of the pillars out front! Very helpful in recommending places to hire bicycles, bars, eateries. They printed us off a map to help us get to Hollywood because we didn't get GPS!
ROOMS: Very modern, funky... Bright yellow bathroom! The beds were comfortable, the sofa bed was alright too & big enough to accommodate 2 adults females! The view was gorgeous, even with only a part Ocean View but you have to expect that you are in a city and there are car parks, alleyways immediately below. Ask for a high floor!
LOCATION: The ONLY hotel that is right on the front of Venice Beach. Literally 20 seconds walk out the door and you're on the promenade with all the street vendors and entertainers everywhere. 4 minute walk to Muscle Beach ladies!!!!
NIGHTLIFE: I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant (Barlo) but we did get to experience High Rooftop Bar, if I get the chance to stay here again, I will reserve a table for one night. The view at sunset is incomparable, rumour has it the bar at High attracts some celebs during the summer although I didn't see anyone famous. The sofas all have heat lamps and the waiters provide you with blankets on a chilly evening. The cocktails are POTENT! Also, right around the corner is 'The Townhouse" has a comedy & burlesque night downstairs on a Wednesday evening with no cover charge. For the music fans out there 'The Townhouse' is where LMFAO filmed the video for "Sexy and I Know it"
All in all a great stay and I hope I get a chance to stay again some day!

Room Tip: High Floor & Ocean View. Also the suites are great as they have extra space for families/fiends
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear BrightonTA2012,

Thank you so much for such a great review about your trip to Venice Beach. We love to read comments about our staff and the hotel like this. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Hope to see you back soon!

Best,