$244
$175
Official Website
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

$298
$249
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $305/night.

$291
  • Beachfront
$139
$128
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$151
$132
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$189
$130
Cancelon
$460
Travelocity
1,479 results
All reviewsrooftop barvenice beachocean viewhigh barsanta monicastay in venicemuscle beachabbot kinneyperfect locationboutique hotelvalet parkingcool hotelhotel guestsvalet servicebabbobalconyskate
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Man this is a cool place, with its rooftop lounge and great café/bar its the best hotel I have stayed at in Los Angeles.

The location is very close to LAX so its perfect for a layover and the internet is free so you can catch up on your business stuff.

The staff are friendly and informative, its all a little bohemian - as opposed to the surrounding Venice Beach suburb which is very bohemian - to the point of being a little scary. Its good to check out the boardwalk but I would definitely not venture out alone at night, its probably fine but not for me.

Santa Monica is a 60min walk or a 10min cab ride, the 3rd Street Promenade is a great place to shop, do some people watching and really get the California vibe.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear slamminsam,

I love you username, very catchy! Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at Erwin here on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate it. I am happy to see you were able to take advantage of the great location we have here in West LA which is so close to LAX and Santa Monica. I will be sure to pass along the great comment about the High Rooftop Lounge and Barlo Restaurant to the teams.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Overall a nice place that I will come back to, esp. because of its superb location right in front of Muscle-Beach / Venice-Beach and it's great ocean views and balcony. Staff is super-friendly. However, for a four-star hotel, this place lacks some serious details:

- no shower gel
- loud fridge in the room
- shower leaking
- no glass in bathroom for tooth brush
- no central light switch
- no proper sheet for the comforter (only two loose sheets that the comforter is sandwiched in)
- no shaving mirror
- internet too slow at times
- balcony floor dirty with a bunch of hair from other people
- laundry came back one day later than promised
- March 7th very loud in the morning inside the hotel, like on a construction place

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dgor82

Dear dgor82,

I was disappointed to read your review and I sincerely apologize for the experience you had, which is not typical of Hotel Erwin. I do thank you for giving us this constructive feedback and I will ensure that I follow up with the team to make sure these areas of concern are addressed immediately. We do appreciate the words about the staff; they always love to see these types of comments about their work. Please contact myself directly when you are coming back to the area so I can make sure you have a much better experience this time around!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My 2 days in Venice Beach when in LA for work nearly killed me - and this is a compliment. Probably wouldn't recommend it if you actually need to do any work but so much better than the soulless business hotels in soulless business area I usually have to stay in.

Andy

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Andy190482
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Andy190482,

I loved this review when I read it this morning. I am glad it didn’t kill you, just nearly. Now you know where to stay whenever you’re in LA and hopefully you are making a full recovery as we speak.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband. Great location as only 50 yards from Venice Beach. My, my, what a place! Venice beach is full of the truly" interesting" people and this hotel reflects that. The staff are so very helpful. Chech in was quick and we were offered maps and advice as to places to visit and eat in a friendly, no pressure manner. The door staff were excellant too.

We were there for the Saturday of the Presidents Day holiday and the hotel was full of young people. Our room was clean but overlooked an alleyway. Not the best. The stairs leading up to the cocktail bar on the roof were right over our room so I was dreading a disturbed nights sleep as people were running up and down these stairs, shouting, laughing etc. However, we slept really well mainly due to the most comfortable bed ever! And to be honest, if you don't want a bit of noise and excitement - don't go to Venice Beach!

The second night was much quieter anyway. There is a small bar downstairs and they also serve food which looked good. We ate around the corner at "Larrys" or "Dannys" both serving cheap food. Don't expect gormet as you will be dissappointed!

One note of caution - I foolishly left an expensive watch in the room whilst we went out for the day. When I realised it had gone missing we stripped the room, bed, bathroom, suitcases AND SAFE looking for it. We did not find it. I reported it to the reception who were very helpful and took my complaint seriously and launched an investigation.

I'm delighted to report that a week after our return home I received an email from the manager saying they had found my watch in a "crevice " in the safe. It definitely was not there when both myself and my husband checked for it. I also find it strange it stayed hidden for a week before being "discovered". Anyway, the point is, is that the staff did not just forget about my watch as soon as I'd paid the bill. Their efforts mean that a well treasured gift is at this moment being shipped out to me at home. I think that's great service, don't you?

Also, loved the robes! My husband looked like Bet Lynch in his!

Stay at the Erwin. Enjoy the robes and soak up the atmosphere of Venice Beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenny2813

Dear Jenny2813,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Erwin. I apologize about the watch thing, but I am glad that it turned up and was recovered. Hopefully we will see you back here soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Staff was beyond remarkable; Breakfast presentation was perfect as food hot, yummy and the way the chief presented it on the plate was first class; all food is local; door man was exceptional is getting us organized to the airport; total general feeling of care and comfort. roof top is the best place to view the beach area, little town and the ocean. Miguel made the entire experience so worth the visit. it is a pleasure to give such a deserving review.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 345nancj,

Miguel was so happy to see his name mentioned on your review as was I. Thank you for taking the time to write the review, we really appreciate it and hoe to see you back soon!