$216
$167
Official Website
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

$266
$242
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

$242
$236
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
$116
$220
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$149
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
$475
1,481 results
All reviewsrooftop barvenice beachocean viewhigh barsanta monicastay in venicemuscle beachabbot kinneyperfect locationboutique hotelvalet parkingcool hotelhotel guestsvalet servicebabbobalconyskate
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband. Great location as only 50 yards from Venice Beach. My, my, what a place! Venice beach is full of the truly" interesting" people and this hotel reflects that. The staff are so very helpful. Chech in was quick and we were offered maps and advice as to places to visit and eat in a friendly, no pressure manner. The door staff were excellant too.

We were there for the Saturday of the Presidents Day holiday and the hotel was full of young people. Our room was clean but overlooked an alleyway. Not the best. The stairs leading up to the cocktail bar on the roof were right over our room so I was dreading a disturbed nights sleep as people were running up and down these stairs, shouting, laughing etc. However, we slept really well mainly due to the most comfortable bed ever! And to be honest, if you don't want a bit of noise and excitement - don't go to Venice Beach!

The second night was much quieter anyway. There is a small bar downstairs and they also serve food which looked good. We ate around the corner at "Larrys" or "Dannys" both serving cheap food. Don't expect gormet as you will be dissappointed!

One note of caution - I foolishly left an expensive watch in the room whilst we went out for the day. When I realised it had gone missing we stripped the room, bed, bathroom, suitcases AND SAFE looking for it. We did not find it. I reported it to the reception who were very helpful and took my complaint seriously and launched an investigation.

I'm delighted to report that a week after our return home I received an email from the manager saying they had found my watch in a "crevice " in the safe. It definitely was not there when both myself and my husband checked for it. I also find it strange it stayed hidden for a week before being "discovered". Anyway, the point is, is that the staff did not just forget about my watch as soon as I'd paid the bill. Their efforts mean that a well treasured gift is at this moment being shipped out to me at home. I think that's great service, don't you?

Also, loved the robes! My husband looked like Bet Lynch in his!

Stay at the Erwin. Enjoy the robes and soak up the atmosphere of Venice Beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenny2813
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Jenny2813,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Erwin. I apologize about the watch thing, but I am glad that it turned up and was recovered. Hopefully we will see you back here soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Staff was beyond remarkable; Breakfast presentation was perfect as food hot, yummy and the way the chief presented it on the plate was first class; all food is local; door man was exceptional is getting us organized to the airport; total general feeling of care and comfort. roof top is the best place to view the beach area, little town and the ocean. Miguel made the entire experience so worth the visit. it is a pleasure to give such a deserving review.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 345nancj,

Miguel was so happy to see his name mentioned on your review as was I. Thank you for taking the time to write the review, we really appreciate it and hoe to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Erwin is a colourful , funky hotel in the middle of a run down area in Venice Beach.
If your expectations are hig... don't go there....

If you're settling for Venice Beach with its run down beach front shops (but not the arrogant LA attitude) this is the place to be.

Room was colourful , spacious and the beach view was great.

Personnel was extremely helpful, both with our vehicle and our last minute requirements

I'll be back there

Room Tip: choose a beach front room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TEREHDEC,

We were glad to read you enjoyed Venice Beach and your stay at Erwin. Thanks for the great comments about the staff and the hotel. We will be sure to pass them along to the team!

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a funky hotel on the beach in Venice. The hotel staff was absolutely excellent. The rooftop lounge is an incredible place to watch a sunset. For the uninitiated, Venice is a little seedy and carnivalesque. The partial ocean owe rooms require you to step out onto the balcony. The beds were comfortable and very clean. The funkiness of the rooms derives from the 70's era decor. Overall great value, clean, comfortable, convenient with awesome staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank TLunedi
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear TLunedi,

I agree, the rooftop view and sunset is amazing, best part of my day. Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and staff, we really appreciate your support. Hopefully we will see you back soon!!

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Hotel Erwin several times when in LA. Great location right on Venice Beach. Rooms are clean with friendly staff and a decent value. The gym leaves a little to be desired, but hey you can always run on the beach which is right out the door. Nice roof top bar as well.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank M D

Dear M D,

Thanks for your quick review of Hotel Erwin. You are correct, although our gym is a little smaller; we have the world famous Muscle Beach nearby. I will make sure to pass along the comment about the cleanliness and the service to the team who will be very happy to hear it.