$290
$242
$301
$249
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$221
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$256
$246
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$147
  • Beachfront
$139
$128
1,479 results
All reviewsrooftop barvenice beachocean viewhigh barsanta monicastay in venicemuscle beachabbot kinneyperfect locationboutique hotelvalet parkingcool hotelhotel guestsvalet servicebabbobalconyskate
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed at the Erwin at Venice Beach for two nights with the room being great with a view over the beach. It is on the coast and not far from all of the main attractions of LA... although it is a location of its own well worth a visit.

It really is the location that is the hit for those who like a stay on the fringe of life. The beach front holds one transfixed by the characters that frequent it along with their antics [don't be fooled as some of this is part of an act and some of these people are talented folk who choose this way of life] admid the tattoo parlours, outlet stores and medicinal cannabis locations. It is the later that gives this area an interesting "breeze" that might not be for some... as "the breeze" is there almost 24/7.

The Hotel has a fantastic roof top bar above "the breeze" that has an uninterupted view to all points of the compass and a great little restaurant that is well appointted as well as serves excellent food. However, when staying here get out onto the breach front and have a meal at the "Side Walk Cafe" so you can be entertained by the side show... it is well worth it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear copperduke,

On behalf of the staff here at Hotel Erwin, I wanted to thank you for sharing you experience here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to the staff. I like your comments about Venice, seems to be right in line with the experience.

At Joie de Vivre we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hotel Erwin for your trip to Venice Beach. Should you return to Venice in the future I sincerely hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to show you our dedication and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

After staying at an enourmous faceless hotel in Vegas the Hotel Erwin was such a lovely surprise. The first thing you notice when you get enter the hotel is the lovely smell of lemongrass everywhere, even in the drivethrough outside. Got an upgrade to a suite which was great, like a small apartment with seperate bedroom and a kitchen area. The room was lovely, very unique and individual with lots of little added touches. The rooftop bar was great with amazing views but it gets very cold up there in the wind, we prefered the cosy, heated little bar in the drivethrough at the front of the hotel. Venice Beach itself was an awesome place but not for the faint hearted! The promenade provided hours of entertainment walking up and down watching the Venice characters perform or just hanging out, we didn't feel intimidated at all but I wouldn't like to walk it after dark. Make sure you visit the Venice canals, just five minutes walk away, such a beatiful peaceful area and so different to the promenade. The only negative was the expensive overnight parking charge of $28. Great hotel in an amazing place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear JMW2109,

On behalf of the staff here at Hotel Erwin, I wanted to thank you for sharing you experience here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to the staff. I was pleased to see you were upgraded to one of our suites, that’s fantastic.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We arrived in the evening after a long flight and were given a room(301) on the first floor next to the lift and stairs and overlooking an alleyway. The friendly girl on reception explained it was the only room left as the hotel was full and if we didn't like it we could change the next day.We slept well ,the bed was comfortable but the room a little small so we did move rooms. We were moved to the other side of the hotel into a much bigger and brighter room with a side sea view. We found the hotel staff very helpful with booking tours and giving us local information. The beachside location is excellent with lovely views from the rooftop bar (blankets provided for chilly evenings) and the food in the ground floor restaurant delicious.You can walk from the hotel along the boardwalk to Santa Monica or stroll around the Venice canals. There are many restaurants and cafes in the area. We did not venture too far from the hotel after 9 p.m.but didn't really need to.Although there were renovations taking place during our visit we were not disturbed. We enjoyed our stay here and would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for one not overlooking the alley
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear dustylin,

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We were put up at the Erwin during a recent business trip to LA. While not a hotel I would likely have chosen myself, we were pleasantly surprised and I have to say I would seriously consider staying here again if in the area.

First the rooms--think a sort of dated "Jetsons" look and you won't be far off. Fun, funky furniture, bright colors. We had a 1 BR suite and it was spacious, clean and just as described. The bed was VERY comfortable, the linens soft and cushy, kitchenette area very nice and a well-stocked mini bar. The sofa bed mattress was a little tired but "sleepable" according to our daughter, who stayed with us.

Next...location. This is the good news/bad news. The Erwin is 1/2 block from the ocean, but also in proximity to the Boardwalk and therefore LOTS of street noise/parties at night. We didn't sleep much the first night.

Staff/Service: Absolutely outstanding staff--friendly, courteous, professional.

Restaurant: We had breakfast both mornings in the restaurant, BarLo, and the food was excellent. We didn't have a chance to eat dinner there, but checked out the menu--very innovative, lots of locally sourced produce, very nice wine selection. It rained the night we had time to enjoy the rooftop lounge, but the view looks to be killer, so maybe next time.

Overall: Really surprisingly great property in proximity to the hot, happenin' Abbott Kinney St. in Venice. Close to the water, spacious rooms (and they are updating the entire property), comfortable bed. Our biggest issue was noise--so ask to be in a room NOT facing the back of the property, or bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Julie87508,

On behalf of the staff here at Hotel Erwin, I wanted to thank you for sharing you experience here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and got to try our breakfast in Barlo. Next time you will have to stop in for dinner and try the Barlo Burger, its amazing!!

I wanted to apologize about the noise issues you had while staying with us. We try hard with the local authorities and other security companies to keep that sort of activity from disturbing any one of our guests.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Roof top bar was amazing with a beatiful view of the sunset. The bartender was very friendly and had some great recommendations of other cool places for us to visit while we were in the area. We had one rainy day while in Venice so it was great to have a suite to kick back and watch a movie in our room. The hotel gives you the option of going green and of course we did....what a great idea!! Coupons to use for dinner in the restaurant! Wonderful food (the shrimp and grits were fantastic) While eating at Barlo we checked in on "Yelp" and was able to recieve a free cocktail, which was awesome! The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and made the arrival and check out process very smooth. Will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Suite was the only way to go. So nice to have a kitchenette and living area seperated from the bedrooom!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear FannieM_50,

I will be sure to pass along your great comments to the staff. Its great you were able to take advantage of our “Green Dreams” program. This program is great for us and we thank your for doing your part to conserve the resources. I would agree, the shrimp and grits are amazing.