Best Western Los Angeles Worldport Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
  • Beachfront
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$309
  • Beachfront
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$765
$309
  • Breakfast included
$271
$212
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfast and parkingcruise portdenny slong beachlove stayingaffordable hotelmorning breakfastan extended staysan pedrointernet connectionthe staff was friendly and helpfulthe los angeles areasmall poolclean roomsa wonderful stayenjoyed my staynight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I will no longer trust AAA rate. I booked two rooms with double queen beds. The night I checked in (around 8 PM), one room did not have any towel, under the chair next to the TV there was a q-tip. It must have been there for awhile. I suspect they didn't clean the room prior to us checked in. I called the front desk to ask for towels and were told I need to come down to get it since there was no one else available to take them up. The next day, when we came back in the evening, the beds were made, the trash clean out, towels were provided. However, the q-tip was still there under the chair. I don't think the service lady vacuum the room at all. On the third day, when we came back, nothing was done. Beds were unmade, trash in the bed room and the front room were still there ( and the q-tip). When I came down to the front desk and asked why my room weren't being clean, I didn't get even an apologize from the front desk. The front desk lady only asked what room and asked me if I want them clean tomorrow. Very rude and inappropriate behavior for the service industry. I am not even sure if AAA was doing a good job at rating this hotel, but to me they do not deserve a three star for the staff they have there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jindos
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is located at a light on a six-lane highway, which is also the onramp for the freeway! If I had known this beforehand I would have never booked here. The noise is beyond terrible. All night long you hear the cars accelerating to get on the onramp. We were unfortunate enough to stay for three nights and our room faced the highway so I don't know if there is any better rooms in the hotel. I sleep with earplugs and could still hear the cars as they entered the freeway. I just noticed that someone commented on TripAdvisor about the pillows being bad-my son is in total agreement. I thought they were okay and my bed was comfortable. The room was clean and spacious and the AC worked. The in-room coffee was awful and I found that the breakfast room coffee was just as bad-neither were drinkable in my opinion. I don't know about all the rooms but ours did not have a microwave and since I saw one in the lobby I'm thinking the other rooms may not have one either. I think of this as a pretty standard room amenity. The breakfast selection was awful; hard-boiled eggs set out in a basket on the counter so we had no idea how long they had sat there; the milk was in a carafe and my son said it was warm; the cream cheese packets which specifically say to keep refrigerated were out on the cupboard. No yogurt, which seems to me is a pretty basic breakfast item found in most hotels. The pool area was fine and the spa jets good. The only time the morning counter person acknowledged us was when we checked out, the other two mornings not a nod or smile. I don't know if this is a Washington state Best Western thing but we missed our fresh-baked cookies in the evening. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank handtoGod
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I made reservations 1 month ago for a non-smoking room. I checked in a 6pm. I was told the only room avaiable was a smoking room. I was also told that I did not have to take the room,that I COULD GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER. I was told that they gave a non-smoking room to some one else who wanted a smoking room, some operation. At checkout I was not asked how was the room, or anything. I used to think Best Western was a well run hotels, not any more

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bentonwh
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Just spent one night here for a convention. It is right next to the freeway on ramp on Pacific Coast Highway. You need to pull a nasty fast, U-turn to get in coming from Long Beach. Lots of free parking, fair A/C, just loud enough to drown out the traffic noise. Nice size pool & spa which you enter and exit from the end of building fire stairs right into the pool area. The breakfast is nothing to write home about, but there is a Denny's right next door & I would go there before eating at the BW again. Plus's are much better quality breakfast. Again the same rotten corporate, hard as rocks pillows. Great for propping up in bed to watch TV, horrible for your neck to sleep. If you are a Chiropractor, buy plenty of business cards and leave them at the front check out for customers in need of a neck re-alignment. If there was one huge dig on BW's chain it is these miserable excuse for pillows. The king room I had was not one I would ever, ever want again. The sink, cube of a refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave and mirror were right inside the door, not in the bathroom. I slammed the door into my lady who was at the sink when I came back from the lobby. Definitely not something you want to happen on a trip. The bed was OK, not great, or the same Simmon's quality I had at the BW Long Beach Convention Center location, but it was 50% less in price. Would I stay here again? No! I would go to the Comfort Inn & Suites where I have stayed in Long Beach.

Room Tip: Get in the back close to the pool for the least noise. Ask to be at the end of the hall closest to the pool & the Denny's, but in the back.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank airebornranger
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed two nights while attending an event at the Long Beach Convention Center. Everything near the convention center was sold out or very expensive. I have a car and this hotel is conviently located next to the 110 freeway entrance and exit. The drive over the bridge to Long Beach was scenic and easy. My room faced the freeway; surprisingly the noise did not bother me and I'm usually noise sensitive. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean the bedding and furniture looked fairly new. I used the iron, refridgerator, hairdryer, coffee maker,tv-what more do you need? They also have a small pool and serve breakfast. The price was unbeatable with my triple A discount. If I had to complain about anything I would remember to bring my own pillow next time. The hotel pillows were hard foam and I looked forward to getting home to my more comfortable bed. Overall I was very happy with my experience and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012