“What a TREAT!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 185 Bakeries in Los Angeles
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Description: A quintessential corner ice cream shop, where the only ingredients that matter are freshness, quality, and flavor. We're also on IG! Add us @themilkshop_la
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Total accident. I was down the street at BLD (also a find) for dinner. I always wondered about this place, and on this night there was this huge line out the door and down the block--an instant magnet for me. I waited and waited but had the time of my life visiting with locals and vacationers, getting up to speed on neighborhood gossip and the latest in the business. This was a lot fun. The treats at the end of the line (or was that the beginning?) were well worth the wait. YUMMY.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Blue Velvet Cake!! I am baker and a pretty picky dessert eater. Milk's Blue Velvet Cake is my absolute favorite treat! My family and friends also enjoy Milk's sundaes, dairy-free sorbet, sandwiches and salads, but my mission is the Blue Velvet Cake!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was by far our favorite meal while in LA. We did eat a salad here before ordering dessert. The food is actually really good, but of course, their desserts are amazing. Blue velvet cake, ice cream, cookies, you name it, they have it! A Must GO!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

After having dinner at the Street and Stopping at Mozza to go to see if we can get gelatos to go(no luck) we stoped here for dessert. We were going to try one of their specialty desserts, but setteled on their ice cream bars. They were out of the strawberry shortcake ,so we choose the chocolate coconut bar and it was huge. Two people could easily share one. The quality was pretty good. The coconut ice cream had a lot of coconut pieces. The staff was kind of cluless about what was inside certain bars.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This was my 3rd time at Milk, thankfully it is not too close to my house or I'd be there a lot more often, which means I'd be heavier than I am now. I love Ice Cream and their Cookie's N Cream is truly the best, their Milky Way Malt is awesome and everthing else I've had their has been great as well. It's alll homemade right on the spot. They have a wonderful looking pastry case as well, I just never make it there because I get stopped by the Ice Cream. Their burger is really great as well. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Parking can be interesting, but they do have some reserved spots around the neighborhood, look for their sign out front of where to park. If you are within 10 miles and traffic isn't too bad it is well worth a drive.