“Great Sushi!!!”
Review of Katsuya

Katsuya
Reserve with OpenTable
Katsuya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 9,944 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Vine St.
Corona, CA
“Great Sushi!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

For some reason, tripadvisor dosn't list the Katsuya on Olympic Boulevard in Los Angeles, which is part of the same chain. The Sushi here was excellent. I had the Sushi Sampler and it came with lots of Sushi. The drinks are good as well. I loved the atmosphere and setting. I had no problems and will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
Ohio
“Fancy Place, Average Food, High Prices”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I'd heard a lot about this place and decided to give it a go. It was a Friday night around 6:30pm and I was surprised to get a seat since it apparently gets very busy later in the evening. Once you walk in, you will be greeted by 2-3 attractive women (usually in black cocktail dresses and fully done up) who will escort you to a table/seat. I also noticed all the waiters were very good looking…perhaps this is part of the image that Katsuya maintains? Anyway, since I was alone, I was seated at the sushi bar. It was actually a tough spot to sit in since it was right where all the waiters were picking up their orders. After having to move my things around and feeling like I was in the way as they picked up orders back to back, I asked to move 1-2 seats away from all that chaos. My hostess was friendly and being vegetarian, she was nice enough to recommend some items and indicated they could make some menu options for my diet too. Taking her advice I opted for shrimp dish, which was replaced with tofu (instead of shrimp). It took awhile to get the meal and it didn't taste as great as it was made to sound. My waitress checked on me later and said she would bring me another item since I wasn't too pleased with the taste on what I had. The next option was a corn crunch sushi wrap made with avocado. This was a lot better in terms of taste, but $18 for one little roll? I decided to treat myself to dessert to and took her suggestion of the popular bread pudding…again good but very small and $14 for it! So, overall the atmosphere is nice…great for a date or drinks, but the food isn't out of this world (esp. for vegetarians), and it is very pricey. I don't mind occasionally treating myself to a fancy dinner, but the meal has to be out of this world! In this case I felt like I was paying just for the ambiance.

• Visited March 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great vibe - brilliant bar”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We turned Katsuya into our daily bar before heading out to dinner.
The barman was knowledgable about local restaurants and offered valuable advice on where to go and what to have when we got there. The bar is open from 5pm and serves good snacks. It gets busy quickly so get in early. The main restaurant food is good - but not as brilliant as some of the well known upmarket Japanese sushi restaurants nearby. The sake selection is very impressive and a good way to reduce your available budget.

Munich, Germany
“One of the best sushi places in LA”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had a dinner here with my colleagues and this place is just perfect. Amazing food, sushi and deserts. I cannot wait to have a sushi like this again. It is a must try. Reservations highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
Toluca Lake, California, United States
“Great Vibe!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I screwed up a reservation on Valentine's Day and ended up needing to eat before a show at the Pantages. We walked up to Katsuya on a very busy holiday evening with the restaurant packed. We explained our dilemma and the hostess managed to get us two seats at the sushi bar. The quality of the sushi was excellent. It is not often that you can find a sushi restaurant that carries live Uni, but they did and it was amazing. This is not for a budget minded diner, but if you want the best you are going to have to pay for it! Katsuya in Hollywood was worth it.

Visited February 2014