“so snobby this place blows!”
Review of Sushi Zo

Sushi Zo
Ranked #967 of 10,030 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
los angeles
“so snobby this place blows!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I don't mind super authentic, "we make it this way...if you don't like it, don't come here" as a premise...a restaurant owner is entitled to do whatever they like with their own establishment.

this is the same concept as SugarFish, chef dictates what goes with what, what gets dipped, etc. But there, ultimately, they let you dip if you want, or eat how you want, since yknow, YOU are paying for it....they don't REMOVE the soy sauce bottle off the table just because they "advise" that the albacore already has ponzu on it.

At Sushi Zo, they pull off the service end so incredibly wrong. I was told THREE times by a waiter "DO NOT DIP." and removed my sauce dish from the table.

Excuse me, at the end of the day, I am paying you. I appreciate your "recommendation" on how you believe this food "should" be consumed, but get OUT of my face.

I also didn't find the sushi to be ANYTHING special, nowhere near the taste, freshness or presentation that a place like SugarFish provides, which again aims for the same "authentic" experience, but to say it pulls it off much better, is a major understatement.

• Visited March 2012

London, England
“Out of this world”
Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Quality experience - and price too. You may need to take out a loan.

“great experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

you have to trust the chef, everything was very good. we ask for "kosher like" menu, so they gave us only kosher fish!!

• Visited February 2012
Los Angeles, California
“The best quality sushi I have ever had!!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This place is omakase (tasting menu) only so you can't order anything. You can however let them know ahead of time what you don't like. You also are not allowed to use your cell phone while eating (there were signs posted in a few spots). The sushi chef makes everything fresh and tells you if it needs to be dipped in soy sauce (there are even signs that tell you how to eat your sushi; dip only a small part of the fish in soy sauce and when you eat it the fish should be touching your tongue).

The fish was so good here, just about everything melts in your mouth like toro. Also, just fyi, they will feed you until they run out of varieties of fish or until you say you are full. I was unaware of this and ended up eating 26 different kinds of fish. My bill ended up around $110 (not including tip), which was really good for the quality and freshness of the fish. If your one of those people that only like rolls or different concoctions with sushi and not just the fish, then this isn't your spot (try Asenabo).

I apologize for not having pictures, I was scared they would kick me out if I busted out my camera phone.

*edit* they also serve you this yuzu drink at the end of the meal that is ridic good.

wwww.anitaeat.com

2 Thank anitaeat
Los Angeles, California
“snobby and rude - will NEVER go back”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I went here once and they were so incredibly rude and snobby. Their menu was extremely limited and they were not willing to make any slight adjustments. Since I have allergies and eating restrictions, I was not able to eat anything on their menu and they would not allow us to eat with only one person ordering. I have never been as insulted entering a restaurant as I was at this place. I will never go back.