“Excellent flavors - spices are just right!”
Review of Tawanna THAI

Tawanna THAI
Ranked #1,906 of 9,944 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Costa Mesa, California
“Excellent flavors - spices are just right!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My family spent a delightful afternoon at LACMA yesterday, including taking in the wonderful free Sundays Live classical concert in the museum's Bing Theater. Leaving the concert around 7 PM and being a little hungry, we found Tawanna Thai, a block west of LACMA on Wilshire. From the outside, it looked small and unassuming, but once we entered, we found the interior to be beautifully decorated with art and sculptures, mood lighting, and with a very artsy Asian feel. Not that I'm an artsy person, but I've been in many an Asian restaurant that had bright fluorescent lighting and made me feel like I was in a hospital waiting room. I instantly felt at ease in Tawanna Thai, and a beautiful young server provided immediate service. We ordered beef satay as an appetizer, and it was cooked and seasoned perfectly, with cucumber and peanut sauces on the side. For our main course, we chose Panang Curry, pepper and garlic chicken, and Drunkard Noodles with shrimp, along with both white and brown rice. The flavors were delightful, the spices were perfect, and the curry sauce was heavenly. If I have one complaint, it would be that the chicken was overcooked and a little dry for my taste. However, my family and I were overall quite delighted by the food, and cleaned every last plate on the table. We left with a smile in our bellies, and would definitely return to Tawanna Thai. The bill for our family of four was about $39 without tip, which I thought was very reasonable.

• Visited August 2011