“Romantic Restaurant”
Review of Cliff's Edge

Cliff's Edge
Reserve with OpenTable
Cliff's Edge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #356 of 10,746 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgecliff
Transit: The number 2 and 4 bus lines stop at the corner of Sunset and Maltman.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I came here for our anniversary date. We've heard about this place from friends. We were not disappointed at all. The host greeted as right away and took us to a cozy corner out in the patio. Make sure to get outside seats. You wouldn't think you're right next to a very busy street of Sunset. The indoor dining room is modern but doesn't really set them aside from other restaurants. They have great selection of cocktails and drinks but their best asset is the food. We had smoked trout rillettes (yumm!), followed by seared scallops and salmon ceviche (fresh and cooked to perfection), for main course we split the skate wing. To satisfy the sweet tooth, we tried their coconut panda cotta. One may think we eat so much when truly the serving portion is quite on the small side. Overall, it was a very enjoyable time.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wow...this place is amazing. I never saw so many drink labels, in every category, on a menu in my life...15 different tequilas, 9 or 10 different gins, etc..and the cocktails are really interesting with great names. One stands out in my mind...the Question Mark...Bols Genever, lavendar simple syrup, fresh grapefruit and lemon juice, Peychaud's bitters, on the rocks with flamed grapefruit oils. Yum! They have Thursday Oyster Nights, too, for $1each from 6-7pm. The food is as wonderful as the drink selection....all sorts of starters to share like roasted brussel sprouts, Serrano ham, and smoked trout, from $6-18. Unique salads like candy beets, goat cheese, lavendar, orange and pistachio...($14), Polena, salmon ceviche (both $15) and more, and entrees range from $18-28 for Tagliatelle and Risotto to Sea Bream, Pork Belly, and Lamb Cheeks.
Fabulous decor and ambience, too....a Must Go!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Sit outside under a huge tree with tiny lights and birds and even a squirrel and enjoy superb, inventive appetizers and excellent entrees in this well-known spot in Silver Lake.
I am sorry I ordered an entree after our party tried out several of the delightful and delicious appetizers. although, the lamb cheeks entree is a rare offering these days and not to be missed. It is so rich, after the appetizers ( especially the stuffed zucchini flowers and the Spanish Jambon) that I should have saved it for a visit all by itself.
Good place to experiment with different dishes that you have always wanted to try, but never for whatever reason did not order. There were 8 at our party, and everyone raved about their choices.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My girlfriends and I decided to meet here for dinner on a Friday night. All I can say is that it was much much more than I expected!

The restaurant has indoor/outdoor seating and I would highly recommend outdoor seating as it has such a nice, relaxing vibe. We started out with our delicious Cucumber Margarita which were to die for. We also tried the Salmon Ceviche, Beet Salad, and Seared Scallops and everything was made to perfection.

I'll definitely be back... thank you Cliff's Edge for an amazing time!

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Shared several non meat dinner dishes with friends at this hip, lush oasis in the city. I'd never been at night before, it's a very romantic setting.
Best dish was definitely the crispy polenta with sunny egg and mushrooms- we cleaned the plate on that one. The squash blossoms were also very good. Pass on the basil risotto- its really bland.
Also enjoyed the "bees knees" specialty drink with gin, honey, and grapefruit oil...it was great!
Service was good. Will definitely be back!