“Very tasty bento”

Takami Sushi and Robata
Reserve with OpenTable
Takami Sushi and Robata is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #431 of 10,254 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wilshire & Flower
Transit: The Metro station is located 1 block south at 7th & Flower.
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We popped in here for lunch on a hot LA day. The view is great & the good tasty, fresh & beautifully presented. We felt that the lunchtime business crowd was a bit pretentious but don't let this put you off a downtown gem.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place is really a fine line between poor and average. If it wasn't for the view, I would definitely rate it poor. I am not sure what the fuss is all about. This is not how maki is supposed to TASTE LIKE people. Very bad, my stomach cringed all night. The service I must say, made up a little for the bad food experience. Even though our food didn't come in the preferred order it did come quite fast despite how crowded it was. If I were to be forced to go again, highly unlikely, I would order something other than the sushi/maki.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food is absolutely delicious - starting with Ahi Poki Martinin (appetizer), delicious robata - sea bass, stteak, asparagus, sushi or some fabulous rolls -Takami is located on a top floor of a building in downtown LA with great views of the skyscape. Great for sunset dinner or even better after dark - hip crowd, very busy.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am not a sushi fan but was able to find several items that I enjoyed. Went with a group of co-workers after work, the waiter and busboy were both a bit surely at first when we indicated we were only there for drinks and appetizers but warmed up considerably when we ordered several. A nice wine selection, I enjoyed an excellent Chardonney. Much better than expected.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was my firts time in this place Its a wonderful restaurant and great service Kristina who is the menager was very nice and helpful and Ryan great guy) I will advise everyone this wonderful place with wonderful view...... Thx guys ;-) 06.03.13 R...