“Fresh, fast and delicious”
Review of The Oinkster

The Oinkster
Ranked #585 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I love places that take the time to make everything from scratch on site. The pastrami is terrific and should not be missed. The Belgium fries are cooked twice for a nice crunch and a creamy finish. The housemade garlic aoli and chipotle ketchup are perfect condiments for the fries. You can tell the owners cook with integrity. And, the draft beers aren't bad either...highly recommend.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to The Oinkster recently and had the pastrami sandwich. It was incredible and a must try. Food was excellent, service was pretty good, tables were sticky. I highly recommend The Oinkster - also tried the pulled pork which was very good as well.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We found this on an iphone app for drive-ins, diners and dives (the Guy Fiori show). It was awesome - great food, awesome service! After enjoying the best pastrami sandwich EVER and a burger for my daughter, we went back two nights later for milkshakes. The seasonal oinkster special of vanilla ice cream w/ orange and lemon aid was awesome. Try the piggy fries - sound awful but a great taste combo of fries w/ home made thousand island dressing, carmelized onions and cheese. If I am ever back in LA I will return!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Restaurant was busy when we got there. I had rotisserie chicken, which was very moist and flavorful. Pros: Cheap, basic food; friendly service. Cons: Most of the fare is high calorie; building is a little run down.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have heard good things about the Oinkster and today, I finally got to try them out. I ordered the pulled pork and my friend ordered the reuben. The pulled porked was a very large sandwich so you will definitely get full. Honestly, the pork itself was a bit on the dry side - but the sandwich does come with a side of sauce which makes the sandwich very good! My friend totally enjoyed her reuben. I would come back to try their other sandwiches.