“Very nice room”

Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Ranked #43 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 20, 2008

We arrived at the hotel and parked in the self parking...I believe it was $17 a night. We took the elevator up to the lobby. However, the lobby was a long walk from the elevator and there were no signs directing us.
We checked in with a very friendly young man who obviously expected a tip. When one is expected, we tend not to give one.
We entered our room and were pleasantly surprised by the size and nice appointments. It was an alcove room, which was an upgrade.
The far wall was all windows. The view was incredible.
The only time I heard another guest was from our restroom. The bedroom was extrememely quiet and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the linens were just as amazing.
Check out was a breeze.
My only complaints were the distance we had to walk from the elevator and that the water pressure in the shower was very low. Also, the tub drained too slowly.
We have stayed at the Sheraton which is next door. The Hilton was far superior!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCVTravelers
Write a ReviewReviews (4,025)

Reviewed December 12, 2008

This hotel is excellently located for a visit to Univeral Studios as it is right next door. It also has Citywalk area there fo ra variety of restaurants and free shuttle service which makes this U Studios experience v easy as we only had two nights in LA. Its location is also central enough to visit other sites in LA such as the Sidewalk of Stars (not sure what correct name is). The hotel rooms are surprisingly large and the elevated views is a nice extra. It has the excellent amenities of Hiltons with teh assoicated v attractive deals which come with being a Hilton member. Definately worth checking out if going to that part of LA.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 11, 2008

We stayed at this hotel last October for 5 nights. The overall experience was great. We had a room on the 21st floor and the view was awesome. We booked this hotel from the hilton website as we found better rates.
The location is also great. There is a shuttle bus that runs every 10 minutes to Universal City Walk which we found good.
The room was always clean and the furniture is nice.
Out of 5 hotels we stayed in during our holiday, this is probably the best one.

Reviewed November 24, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City the week of November 17, 2008 for a business trip. My initial impression of the hotel was favorable, as the staff were very courteous, the room was spacious and I received a complimentary fruit basket on my first night there. However, upon waking up the first morning, I found bed bugs in my bed. This was a horrifying and unwelcome surprise at 5:30 AM. I immediately called the front desk and was put on hold for 10 minutes, after which I explained the situation to the night supervisor and requested to be given another room immediately. During this conversation with the night supervisor, at no time did she apologize, although she did agree to provide another room by 6:30 AM. Upon moving to my new room, I inspected the bed carefully and found that while the sheets appeared to be clean, under the mattress, on the dust ruffle and around the headboard there was a great deal of dirt, dust and human hair. It was obvious the full bedding had not been changed or cleaned in some time. I did try to reach the hotel manager, and he did try to contact me during my stay, but we missed each other as I was in meetings most of the time there. I will follow up with a letter to him about the situation and give him a chance to respond, but as of right now, no discount was given to me on my bill and the only apology I received was from the front desk clerk when I went down to exchange room keys. My recommendation is that if you stay at this hotel, you should carefully check the bedding before going to sleep.

Stayed: November 2008
4  Thank TravelGrlTampa
Reviewed November 21, 2008

We had 5 rooms, the keys were just given out and our parents did not get the large room the requested, instead it was given to one of our guests and they didnt want to be rude so they kept the smaller room. The air was not on in the room and our thermostat read 90 degrees, it took hours for it to cool down. My bf sat on the bed and the bead was broken, the box spring was split in half. we called the front desk and they said they could put us on another floor which we did not want to do b/c we were already unpacked and had booked our rooms next to one another. They said they would send someone up to exchange it, never happend. So we just slept on it. One of guests went to get into the bed and a nasty bottle of lotion was in the sheets- obviosly the sheets were not changed. she requested her sheets to be changed and someone came up and gave her the sheets but he said "I dont do sheets" she had to change them herself. This is all on day 1- next day we woke up for early morning plans and there was no hot water- no one was able to shower until that evening. Just a bad experience with no compassion for our inconvienances from the hotel or staff. We might as well stayed in a hotel 6. Thats what i would compare this hotel to

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank christin975
Reviewed November 14, 2008

we stood here in oct and it was very good ,room and staff was also very good to us not a problem .i would go back again

Reviewed November 10, 2008

My husband & I stayed at the Hilton Universal City for 4 days in October as part of an 8 day sightseeing trip.
We stayed in a standard king bed room on the 14th floor. The room was very clean, the decor was great, the shower pressure & bathroom were good, plenty of room, and a comfy bed to relax in after being walked off our feet each day, trying to fit in as much as we could.
We chose this location mainly because of the price (we booked it directly through the hotels website & got a pretty good deal), the location to Hollywood/Universal studios & other tourist attractions, and previous reviews on tripadvisor.
Its definitely a 3 & half star & we were very happy with it.
The staff were friendly, helpful & approachable.
The grounds were nice including the pool area.
The location was not close enough to walk to Hollywood, so hire a car or get a cab. In saying that, it was really great after a day of people everywhere to get back to a quieter environment.
Only a couple of minor probs, the coffee/sugar/milk wasn't always restocked by housekeeping, but a phone call fixed that. The smoking rooms really do smell very strongly of smoke so you need to leave the air con going. Overall we were very satisfied with the hotel & had a blast in LA for 4 days!! We also rented a Harley from Eaglerider for 2 days, it was great fun & a good way to see LA on your own and at your own pace. We would definitely recommend the Hilton at Universal City for a holiday or business.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank thebodies