“Spring Break”

Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Ranked #46 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had a Beautiful trip with my 3 kids. Hotel was very close which is always a good idea just in case rest is needed.City Walk was amazing so many Resturant options. Would book this hotel again it was great but they really need more options for breakfast for the family .

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (3,909)

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had driven from San Francisco and this was our last stop. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive. We were on the 15th floor and the view was of Universal Studios which was a very pleasant surprise. The room was very spacious and clean and the air con was good , especially after staying in a few hotels on the way down which were very noisy.
We decided to have the buffet breakfast, which was very good. There was so much choice. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly book again if we ever came back to LA.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room overlooking Universal studios as we could of got a room on the oth...
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We chose this hotel as it was closest to Universal Studios - so were pleasantly surprised when everything about the hotel exceeded our expectations.

Our room was great, as were all the staff right from the front desk to the maids who were both very efficient but also happy and genuinely welcoming. We also had some room service when we were pushed for time and again they came up trumps with some really great food at very reasonable prices.

We walked to and from the park every day and it was a breeze - just 7-8 mins and certainly not taxing for anyone used to the rigours of a theme park day out.

Front desk even checked us in a couple of hours earlier without any hassles. Loved it!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank StarWarsJez275
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were very comfortable here. Excellent setting, very nice staff and exceptional service. Genuinely, the staff were just the friendliest hotel staff I'd ever met. Very much recommend! And just a 5 minute walk to Universal Studios!

Room Tip: Join the HHonors scheme before travelling to get a free upgrade and snacks!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed April 2014, 9th Floor. King room had excellent view of Universal City Walk. The day of my arrival, I was able to enjoy sites at Universal from my room that included a small sprinkle of fireworks and a show that set someone on fire. The room itself was spacious. Bed was comfy. Room had a fridge. Bathroom was a nice size. My only complaint about the room is that it could have been a tinge cleaner. The shower/tub and the carpet (along baseboard) was not cleaned to my liking. There were crumbs of some sort that were there upon my arrival and stayed the entire 6 days I was there. Because of my work schedule, I was unable to enjoy the amenities (gym, pool, etc.). The buffet looked scrumptious but was a bit too pricey for me. I did eat at the bar one night and service was friendly and the seafood pasta I had was good.

Some details that may prove helpful is that the hotel has a free tram to Universal. The hotel is located close to a metro (Hollywood/Universal) which is down the hill and across the street. Hollywood Highland is one stop away. Fare is $1.50, $3 R/T. I walked up and down the hill until I realized that you can get an exterior elevator that takes you down to the Sheraton and from there, if you cut through the parking lot (veer left) and walk down towards the gate, you can get another elevator down to street level from the garage structure. You can also catch the hotel tram, walk to the Universal Tram stop and get that tram up and down the hill. Food is cheaper at Universal City Walk. Bubba Gump’s is gross, unless you like nasty seafood. Pinky's is worth a try.

All in all, my stay was good and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Universal City Walk view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank gots_2_travel
Reviewed April 16, 2014

During a month long trip to the U.S I stayed in over a dozen different hotels. The Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City was by far the best. It was booked simply for its location to Universal Studios but Ill be staying there every time I visit LA from now on. Im a long time Sheraton member but after staying here and at another Hilton location on this trip Ill be joining their Hilton Honors Program. The cleanliness, room size, property facilities and staff were absolutely outstanding. Thank you for a great couple of days and a fabulous end to my trip. It was great to end a hectic trip in such a place.

2  Thank matty j
HiltonUniversal, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are so delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Your loyalty means so much to us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the Los Angeles area.

Warmest Regards,

Lorie Briones
Marketing Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
LBriones@HiltonUniversal.com

Follow us @HiltonUniversal on Twitter and Instagram
Like us on facebook at Facebook.com/HiltonUniversal

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Loved the location as you can walk within 10 minutes to the City Walk or a shuttle from door to door. Concierge service was great as where the cocktail waitresses in the lounge. Service in the restaurant was also wonderful. Would definitely stay here again.!

• Stayed: March 2014