Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$494
$377
  • Beachfront
$127
$289
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$254
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
4,154 results
All reviewscity walktheme parkalcove roomcafe sierravisiting universalexecutive floorfree shuttleself parkingbreakfast buffetper dayhollywood hillsshuttle servicemetro stationcitywalkconciergeburbankfreeway
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Our family of four really enjoyed our stay at this Hilton. The staff was very friendly. The front desk service was good. We only ate at this restaurant for breakfast one morning, but it was AWESOME! The proximity to Universal Studios was fantastic. The shuttle that went back and forth to Universal City Walk was great at night. My children went swimming at the pool and they really enjoyed it. The rooms were very clean and were maintained very well. We are not a really picky family, but this place was quite nice. There was a door man, he has family in Toronto, and he was a great guy. We really enjoyed his helpfulness and his company! I wish I could remember his name, because he deserves a raise!

1  Thank CLRD
HiltonUniversal, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind praise of our staff and property. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. Our heated pool is a magnet for most families and we are delighted you were able to take a dip during your stay. Just steps away from Universal Studios Hollywood and Citywalk, the family friendly activities are endless and it appears you enjoyed many during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

_____________________________________________

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Thanks to Claudia Garcia our trip and stay in your hotel was fabulous!
Our room and the staff were excellent and would definitely stay in a Hilton Hotel again, anywhere is the US or Canada
This was our first visit to California and it was a memorable one at that
Again thanks for making our stay in California the best we could have asked for
Hope to come back there again sometime in the not so distant future!

The Zastre family

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. Your kind praise of Claudia and our front office staff is appreciated and we will pass along your comments. We are delighted to hear you had a fabulous stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel our way.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We just returned home from a nights stay at the Hilton Universal. Everyone told me that we should stay at the Sheraton but we decided to stay at the Hilton due to maintenance issues at the other. We made an excellent choice. We had a wonderful front desk agent (Afeth ?) and she upgraded us to the 17th floor which had a awesome view of Universal Studios and City Walk. When we came back from dinner our phone rang and said we had a special delivery. She graciously sent up 3 cupcakes which were delicious fro a birthday celebration. I would definitely stay here again. They have a complimentary shuttle that runs every 15 minutes to City Walk, however it is only a 10 minute walk as well. We did not go to the pool however we will next time. Rob at bell stand also was great. Next time we will stay longer, Great job Hilton Universal in my eyes you are a 5 Diamond Hotel.

Room Tip: Any floor above 10
1  Thank GoBruins_12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Universal Studios Hollywood view is definitely breath taking and one of our most popular requests. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you visit the Los Angeles area.

_____________________________________________

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just returned from a 3 day stay at Hilton Disney Anaheim (which was fine) and a 4 day stay in this Universal hotel. The Universal location is good but after that I don't have too much else good to say about the efficiency of the infrastructure of the hotel. The first day there the lift (elevator in USA terms) to the car park would not come up from the car park below to take us down to the car park as the buttons were not working. We had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come up from the car park so we could catch that lift. I informed the hotel staff about this and was given a free movie for my room (which we were never going to use) They told me they knew about problems with the lift and it would be sorted. The next day we caught the lift again as someone was coming out of it so I don't know if it was working fine or not. The following day we had the original problem again, a 10 minute wait until someone came up from the car park below. I know it may sound lazy to wait for an elevator for one or two floors but my father has knee problems so he needs to avoid stairs at all costs. Also on our first day the TV channels were not working so I called the front desk and they told me that the whole hotel TV system is off and their 'technicians' are looking into it. About half an hour later I was admiring the L.A traffic from our window and I spotted 2 men climbing onto the roof below, walking towards the satellite dishes. They walked from one dish to another shaking them and at one point kicking a dish! It did make me laugh. They walked slowly around shaking each dish and then went back into the hotel after about 30 minutes, The following day the TV was working fine. Another first day problem was that the room safe was not working so we called front desk again. A guy came up and he told us that the battery must be dying so he swapped the battery pack. Once the battery had been changed the safe worked in the opposite way! He couldn't figure out why but he told us to set it to 'open' and it would lock and if we wanted to open it we had to select lock! Our 3rd day saw the TV's go down again and throughout the whole stay the shower leaked but to be honest I was fed up of calling front desk so I couldn't be bothered to report that. I know some of these complaints may seem a little petty but when you are paying $1000 for 4 days you should really expect much better. We stayed Feb 17th to Feb 21st on floor 16 rooms 1662 and 1650

2  Thank francis l
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed 3 nights here at the start of a two week trip from the UK and loved this hotel. We had a room on the 16th floor with huge windows and views over Universal Studios and the mountains so for that alone it was perfect. The king size bed was supremely comfortable as were the pillows. I had brought my own pillow from the UK as I am very fussy, but didn't need it as the ones in the room were fabulous.

We had booked this hotel, naturally, as it is adjacent to Universal Studios, and because we are British and used to walking everywhere, we scoffed at the shuttle and walked (fab views) but on our last day we did use it and found it very handy.

Still being on UK time we were awake in the middle of the night and used Room Service which was very prompt. We also used the bar on our first night arrival and found it pleasant. This was Saturday night and the hotel was very busy with crab legs everywhere as it was the seafood buffet, but I found the atmosphere quite lively!

We didn't eat in the hotel. We would have taken part in the seafood buffet but I am a coeliac (gluten free) and when I asked if it was safe for me, I was told no and was given a very uninspiring gluten free menu. So we didn't bother and went to a Bubba Gump at Universal City Walk who do a gluten free menu for half the price. Hotel - take note - there are lots of naturally gluten free foods, including all those crab legs, so maybe try and make your buffet a little more inclusive.

I had brought things with me from the UK for breakfast and my husband, who can eat anything, got his breakfast at one of the outlets at Universal Studios.

The only other niggle is paying for parking. We were already paying top dollar as it was a Hilton and close to Universal Studios, so we strongly feel that as hotel residents that should include the parking.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the lovely views!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple