Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
BLVD Hotel & Spa(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
El Patio Inn(Los Angeles)
The Tangerine(Burbank)
Holiday Lodge(Burbank)
Hotel Amarano Burbank(Burbank)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
4,108 results
All reviewscity walktheme parkalcove roomcafe sierravisiting universalexecutive floorfree shuttleself parkingbreakfast buffetper dayhollywood hillsshuttle servicemetro stationcitywalkconciergeburbankfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have changed my Hotel to this one when I am in LA. The staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are really big so you do not feel like you are in a teenie hotel room. The views are amazing!!! The Sunday brunch is pretty amazing especially for the price. I love the location it gets me from point A to point B fairly quickly. They have the free bus to the City Walk for shopping and dining which is usually 10-20 dollars for parking and it runs every 15 minutes. I have stayed there now 4 times in less than 1.5 months and I am shocked that the staff have already gotten to know me and welcome me back with great smiles and a willingness to help with anything I need. Great great Hotel!

Room Tip: get the room with the alcove it has an amazing view and just a little bit bigger so for the price of a bit more it really is an awesome room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Los Angeles/ Universal City for two nights prior to following our trip to Hawaii from LA. For the ones who would like to explore Universal Studios, the location is perfect since it is at 3-5 minutes drive from the park. However, if you would like to explore other hot spots from LA it is a little distant. You will certainly need a car, (what I strongly recommend LA despite the traffic). But it worths the stay. The service was impeccable. The food of the in-dinning room service was delicious and breakfast rich, although the prices were quite high.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank ARRSandes
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Big "businessy" conference hotel. Rooms are large and very nicely appointed. Staff "checks all the boxes" and does a reasonable job. Location is only good if you are visiting the theme park, or working at Universal. Typical overpriced hotel food, drinks and gift shop.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MaybeMoreNextTime
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great location, great corporate rates, amazing rooms/bed, great views. It's an easy walk across the street to Universal City. My room generally has views of all the shows in the park. Restaurants are nearby and very easy highway access. This is my hotel of choice when I'm in LA for business.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Brian the Fd Supervisor checked us in -- He needs a new uniform jacket as his current does not fit him correctly. Our room was on the 7th floor with a great view.(I have attached a picture from our room) We checked in late but found the late night room service very helpful as we traveled across country all day. The food was not very good to be honest -- Very expensive -- 2 sandwiches cost over $50.00 -- I have come to expect Room Service food to be priced high but 2 deli sandwiches with a small order of fries should not cost 50.00 and not be perfection.

The next morning we were set up for the VIP Experience at Universal -- we had a 10am report time for the event. We talked to Brian the night before and he suggested to arrive about 30 minutes prior -- which we were early-- We came down at 9am and went to the bell stand to let them know we were there for and were told the shuttle generally ran every 30 minutes. We waited... and we waited and no shuttle -- we asked several times and were told to keep waiting-- never did any of the staff try to reach out... when I asked them to they said the shuttle was run by an outside source and not the hotel itself but thats not how it was represented to us up until that point. I was more concerned about the staffs lack of ownership and sense of urgency. We ended up walking over which is what I would suggest for anyone reading this -- its up hill but its only about a 10 minute walk to the front gate of Universal.

I also suggest that employees at this property go on a few of the tours that they offer so that they can better express to someone asking what is exactly offered and what the experience is like. I asked 4 seperate employees and no one could really tell me what to expect or if its worth the money to do these tours. Finally I came to trip advisor to find the tours got aweful reviews so my wife and I decided to do things on our own instead.

My last comments are concerning the decor of the rooms -- obviously not the work of the hotel but they color scheme for this hotel is aweful.... Tan curtains, Silver walls ... it was just confusing to the eye --- Upgrade your TV --- a hotel of this stature should not have a 32/37 inch TV these days

I did not get his name- he was an older gentleman that we checked out with-- he was very nice

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple