Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$296
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Beachfront
$254
  • Restaurant
4,145 results
All reviewscity walktheme parkalcove roomcafe sierravisiting universalexecutive floorfree shuttleself parkingbreakfast buffetper dayhollywood hillsshuttle servicemetro stationcitywalkconciergeburbankfreeway
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed in for 3 days with my husband and it was beautiful experience. Just 7 mins walking distance from Universal studios... The view outside my hotel room was amazing. Staff was very friendly and 24hrs available. Also, as I am very particular about cleanliness, I found the hotel and my room very neat and stood high on my expectations.

In short, I would love to stay in hotel again..!! 8)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is always so wonderful to read an enthusiastic review from a happy guest. Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This year with some friends i started my vacation there. The Hotel is very nice and great situated. The personal very helpful and gave us great advices about Hollywood St.'s shows and with A Pass was just the perfect choice. Magnificently breakfast and very comfortable beds. With some Hilton upgrades we became a fantastic room. I can only recommend this hotel. There was a nice garage and no doubt that in Cali you will need a car.Strongly i can only recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms with a street view are great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and in Universal City. We are grateful to have been your first stop and have the opportunity to kick off your vacation right. Feel free to come back soon!

Safe Travels,
Hotel Managment

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was on the 10th floor, room was clean, service was not to good at reception as they are very slow at checking in and out, having to pay for wifi was a joke as signal would always drop out. plus side it is close to universal city walk and studios and universal city is units own little world away from crazy LA, as a city would not recommend to anyone even after 3 visits.

Room Tip: if you want to use their wifi which you have to pay for ask them for a room which may be close to the router as we had very weak reception and only improved when you stood by the door
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Martin D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate that you have brought your concerns to our attention so that we might use them to continue improving our product and service. Please know we take all guest comments into consideration with department heads and the executive office.

We hope that you will consider staying with Hilton again in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over Christmas and was deeply disappointed.

My room's carpet was stained, hasn't seen a steam clean in years and had cigarette burns. The rooms are dated and need desperate Upgrade. The furniture was battered, re-stained and old. The couch was stained. Of 4 cities I booked over the holidays this was the worst.

I ordered room service extensively - the pizza was good but the Pacific Ceviche was disgusting. The fillet mignon was dry and horrible. Did the chef take off over Christmas? No other Hilton ever gave such bad food.

2 days we had problems with hot water. The 2nd day they apologized and said it will be back on in an hour. Refurb the hotel! I was never offered to be moved, a coffee or any courtesy besides an apology. Step it up guys. Your service is mediocre.

The location is brilliant next to Universal City. The property is not worth it. It became a tourist trap. 2 star.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Wilddawg
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. Your comments are extremely important and we will definitely take your comments into consideration. I am so sorry that there were stains in the carpet of the room you stayed and that you found or furniture to be old and battered. I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here for a week, because I had Hilton points, and my son and his wife had had a baby and live nearby. I had no preconceived ideas, and was not interested in the theme park. What a fabulous surprise. The people were SO nice and helpful. We were even able to rent a car from nearby and leave it for the rental people to pick up. The continental breakfast was great. The room was great. I don't know LA very well, but it seems to be located very centrally. I'll for sure go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and team members. It is our hope to provide a home away from home for each of our guests.

We look forward to your next visit to Los Angeles.