Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
BLVD Hotel & Spa(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
El Patio Inn(Los Angeles)
The Tangerine(Burbank)
Holiday Lodge(Burbank)
Hotel Amarano Burbank(Burbank)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
4,108 results
All reviewscity walktheme parkalcove roomcafe sierravisiting universalexecutive floorfree shuttleself parkingbreakfast buffetper dayhollywood hillsshuttle servicemetro stationcitywalkconciergeburbankfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After three weeks on the road LA was our final destination and the Hilton fitted the bill well. Good hotel within an easy walk to Universal Studios and Citywalk. Hotel was easy to check into and efficient. We had a corner room which was a good size, above average compared to some other Hiltons.

The buffet breakfast was reasonably priced and provided a good variety. The Cafe/bar food was also pretty good.

The tour desk staff were great. Friendly, efficient and helpful. The tour suggested was pretty good and the ride to Hollywood quick along the 101.

Overall, a good experience in a good hotel. A relaxing end to our US trip.

Room Tip: Higher floor and a corner room which is larger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Arrived on an early moning flight from Brisbane no early check in available was told to leave luggage at bell services was also given a breakfast voucher for Continental breakfast which provided a very reviving cup of tea
We then caught the hop on hop off LA tour to fil in time before checkin this stopped right out the front of the hotel
Room was an executive king with couch plenty roomy enough very clean and comfortable
Bathroom had tub wth shower over and very good qualith amenities
Ordered room servce portions were enormous and very tasty
Very happy the service room and food from this Hilto

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jayjay797
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a decent hotel with great service. The downside, the hotel was built in the 80s and looks it. The rooms are fine. I've stayed here twice and the second time the shower drain was clogged and showering resulted in an ankle deep bath. The up side, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is great if you have business in Universal City or are visiting the park.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to return to Hilton Universal a second time. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty with your second room, but pleased that our staff was able to quickly rectify the situation. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Los Angeles.

Regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great location, the corner rooms are especially nice with lots of room. We had 1570 and friends had 1758, both corner rooms with nice views (1570 overlooks Universal Theme Park). The staff was helpful, internet access was adequate (it was provided free for our conference so I don't know what the cost is), conference rooms were good but there isn't very modern A/V equipment built-in as it is an old hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Never again! This is by far the worst hilton property i have EVER stayed at! Me and my girlfriend came from south florida all the way to LA to celebrate my birthday for 3 nights and what a mistake that was! when we first arrived & checked in to the hotel it was around 8pm we made sure to put my girlfriends name on the room just incase her key got deactivated or she lost it and wasnt with me she could be issued a new one. So of course we needed to shower & start getting ready for the night so as soon as we walked in the room we started undressing while my shirt was off and my girlfriend was ONLY wearing her underwear we were walked in on by another guest & as mad and upset as we were we didnt even fight for our room to be credited (which is what anyone else would have done) we were in to big of a rush to meet our friends so we called the front desk and they apoligized and told us they had an error with there computer system which is 100% not true! The man who checked us in most likley didnt check us in all the way and the room would have still shown vacant ready in the system allowing another gst to also be checked into the room !!!!! still rushing 2finish our hair and makeup we realized the toilet was running so we called the fd & explained we were still in the room please send someone up when we leave which would have been in 30 minutes and of course 10 minutes later we get a knock on the door from maintence with his big cart trying to come in the room which delayed us again !!! such a nightmare it only gets worse!! the next day we wanted to go shooping and called the fd to scheduale a set time they could refresh the room when we came back the room had still not been cleaned, they then sent someone to clean it. Later that same night we went downstairs to there seafood buffet which we asked the host if we would be able to charge to the room they said YES! At the end of our dinner we were told it was impossble to charge to the room because our incidentals were in cash form and not on a debit or credit card that we must pay cash or credit now for our meal a complete bomb was drooped on us we planned on using the cash we had put down for incidentals that night so we could use our left over cash to have a good time otherwise we would have never spent 50.00 each on a gross buffet!! Anyways we are finally checking out the next morning =) happy to leave was an understatement before leaving i had called the front desk to see if i could put the room and tax on my debit card and recieve the cash i had put down back the only thing was my debit card was in florida and explained my mom can fax the card over and i could fill out the cc authorization form and present my id that matched the card they said yes!!! later to find out they would not accept my card bc they needed confirmation i had money on my card are you kidding me!!!!!!! they wouldnt even authorize it to see they wanted to call my bank which they claim they coudlnt get in touch with????? while waiting 45 minutes in the lobby for the manager to come and let me know they dont alliow credit card authorizations on the weekend ( are you kidding me thats the excuse they now have come up with 45 minutes later if that was the case they would have said that to begin with ) so furious because i have worked at 2 hilton properties and i no the onq system no matter if it was a weekend or a day you dont need to call the bank you simply swipe the card and it will automaticaly authorize!it was a nightmare by the end of the stay i was hysterically crying in the lobby HYSTERICAL the manager then allowed me ( probley only because i was crying from being so upset) to charge 70.00 on my debit card that way i could recieve 70.00 back in cash but wait i thought you werent able to get in touch with my bank??? and i thought you didnt allow cc authorizations on the weekend!!!!!! what a joke this hotel should just be knocked down to the ground and replaced with a Mc.Donalds because thats were i felt i was!!!! I would never allow my friends, family or even people i met at the gas station to consider staying here! (keep in mind i never complain ever! at first i wasnt even going to say anything its been about 3 months since this has happened the only reason i wasted my time writting this is becuse i still think about how horrible of an experience this was)

Room Tip: do not stay here and you will have a good trip
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank andreamorgan34153
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Ms. Morgan,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We sincerely regret to hear about the experience you had at our property. This is not typical of our hotel and your comments have been reviewed in detail with the appropriate management. Please understand that as a large scale hotel and place of business, the policies we have in place are to protect our customers credit and identity. While there are work-arounds for unique circumstances, as you experienced, our staff is trained to follow security measures closely when a credit card is not physically present. Also, please know that our restaurant welcomes room charges as payment, however, the wait staff is required to verify that there is a large enough deposit on file to cover all incidentals before processing. Again, we apologize for any miscommunication or inconsistencies you received in service while you were at the hotel. We would like to further resolve this with you if possible. Feel free to reach out directly. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,