Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
$199
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$333
$226
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
4,150 results
All reviewscity walktheme parkalcove roomcafe sierravisiting universalexecutive floorfree shuttleself parkingbreakfast buffetper dayhollywood hillsshuttle servicemetro stationcitywalkconciergeburbankfreeway
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hilton Universal City from 12-16 September 2012 and loved the room (2162) very much. Room was spacious and all amenities expected were provided. Bed was very comfortable. Being a Hilton Honors member was given breakfast coupons everyday where continental breakfast was provided free (upgrade to full buffet for another US$9) Buffet breakfast was substantial and well worth the upgrade if you plan not to have lunch. Internet is provided free in the lobby and cafe 1 hour a day. Sufficient for simple email checking and quick surfing. Printing of boarding passes was free.

For those whose main objective is Universal Studios this is one of best places to stay. It allows you to fully appreciate and utilize the time at Universal Studios and Citywalk. There is a pedestrian bridge leading you directly to Universal Studios and Citywalk or if you are a bit lazy catch the shuttle up. Even walking back late at night after Roxette concert it still felt quite secure.

To visit Walk of Fame and other touristy places one can use the Metro. US$5 for an unlimited ride day pass with US$1 for a TAP card. This is a 10-15 minute walk down a steep hill. On the way up suggest you take the free Universal Studios shuttle and walk from Citywalk back. Less tiring.

Overall an excellent place to stay and would highly recommend as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors will definitely get good views. Ask for the Universal Studios facing rooms if you like that.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here Labor Day weekend so our kids could go to Universal Studios and we could relax by the pool.

Our room was spectacular. We were on the 22nd floor and the view was awesome!!! Especially at night. The room was extremely spacious and clean.

With our room, we had vouchers for the breakfast buffet and I have never seen a more generous breakfast buffet!!! We headed down and I was expecting the usual coffee, juice, cereal and pastries. But this buffet had anything you could ever want!! I love breakfast and I thought I was in breakfast heaven!! In addition to the usual things I mentioned above, there were different stations like Jewish and Chinese for things like lox and bagles and dim sum and they had Nutella and fresh fruit and omlettes, and fresh squeezed orange juice.... I can just go on and on. It was in an airy, spacious space with tablecloths and cloth napkins and the servers were so gracious. So with a good nights sleep and this delicous breakfast under our belts we were ready to tackle the day!

The kids headed out to the park and my husband and I headed to the pool area for some rest and relaxation. I went to the pool bar to put in my cocktail order and this is where things fell apart a little bit. They didn't have my brand of alcohol, which wasn't a big deal, but they seemed to be very confused back there and as I waited for my drink, one of the bartenders kind of snapped at me like "What are you still doing here? We'll bring it out to you" of course that isn't what he said, but that was the jist. So, I found my chair and towels and soaked in the sun and after a while, wondered where my cocktail was. Then the pool server sidled up, a little embarassed, and asked me again what my order was but before that, I could hear him getting in trouble so I knew he was coming. It was uncomfortable. I didn't want to hear that and I felt sorry for him. He never returned again to see if I needed anything and I didn't order another drink. With that being said, later that afternoon, I met a couple at the pool and they placed their second drink order, as we were chatting in the pool and after about a half hour, they finally had to leave and he cancelled the order. So I wouldn't give a very good review on the pool bar, but the pool and area surrounding it is nice. There are private cabanas you can secure as well.

After we spent the day at the pool we took the free shuttle to the CityWalk and met our kids for dinner and after dinner, we all rode it back to the hotel. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes, I believe, so it was really handy! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone going to Universal Studios. It's easy to get on and off the freeway also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Good location. Walking distance to Universal Studios. Good sized rooms. Good gym and pool. We were only in LA for two days and we were glad we stayed at this hotel. We went on a tour organised by the hotel to see the sights.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Miriam T
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed one night over the weekend. We were aware of the $20 parking charge so that expectations were already adjusted for that. Check in was fast and smooth and reps even showed us a way to the elevators. Our room was good corner size and we didn't experience any issues. We didn't need to use internet so I can't opine on that.
We had a sandwich and a pizza in their main restaurant on site. We were impressed by the quality of food as usually it is either average or below average in hotels on site. This was above average, especially healthy choice of pizza. Also, continental breakfast is unusual - no eggs but yogurt, fruits, muffin and croissant. First time encounter that in US. We were surprised but the combination tasted good and did the job.

I would definitely come back to this hotel for short stays. Can't say for long stays as we may have missed something here or there. In one night stay there wasn't much to see as we were out most of the time except for sleep and food.

Room Tip: Do have to order buffet. Take item from the menu. Portions are of significant size and there is fridge in the room for leftovers. We saved a good amount having half of sandwich for launch and another for dinner.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were only here for one night and wish it was more. The hotel and room amenities are top class. We have not experienced better and more friendly service anywhere. The complimentary continental breakfast was a highlight - we're happy we didn't add the buffet as we wouldn't have been able to fit it in. We were here as it was close to Universal Studios (we walked there) . You need to brave the LA traffic to get out here and we wouldn't have stayed at the hotel if it wasn't for the studio visit, but still a highlight of our 3 week holiday in USA, thanks Hilton!