Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$262
  • Beachfront
$271
$212
  • Pool
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$765
$309
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
4,116 results
All reviewscity walktheme parkalcove roomcafe sierravisiting universalexecutive floorfree shuttleself parkingbreakfast buffetper dayhollywood hillsshuttle servicemetro stationcitywalkconciergeburbankfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I just spent 5 days at the Hilton Universal, attending a convention. Normally, it takes me a night ( or even two) to get used to a new mattress. But this was a totally different experience. The beds were so comfortable that I fell asleep in a matter of minutes the first night and every night thereafter and arose in the morning with none of my usual morning stiffness.
In addition, the maid service was excellent - the rooms were spotless, the view superb. The nightly buffet is out of this world - fresh oysters, crab legs, mussels, salads and vegetable dishes, chinese food, a carving table with roast beef and roast lamb and a beautiful dessert table. The staff was kind, attentive, helpful and fast. All this, plus a regular shuttle to Universal City Walk and the Studio Tour entrance.
A great experience that I would happily repeat anytime.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband & I recently stayed at the universal Hilton when we were in town for HHN at Universal Studios. It was amazing. We got a great deal buying in advance from the website. We were able to check in early (at 9am) & spend our day at the park. The hotel is the CLOSEST to the park and I will never stay anywhere else ever again. So close that we could come back to the hotel and rest and have dinner and then go back to the park. The hotel is beautiful and has everything you need. Our room overlooked Universal so I was very pleased. They also brought us a complimentary fruit plate and 2 bottle of water. It was a really nice touch. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Our family of four (w/ kids ages 6 and 2) stayed here during Labor Day weekend 2011. We were in town for a family event and decided to visit Universal Studios during the last 2 days of our stay. This was my first stay ever at a Hilton and chose this hotel because of the close proximity to the park.

The front desk was able to accommodate for our early check-in because I called when we were about 30 min. away. After check-in a nice lady behind the counter walked us to the elevator as we headed to our room. We had a nice size room with a great view of City Walk and the 101 freeway. Overall friendly hotel staff- one employee even offered to take a family picture of us in their nice lobby.

The shuttle service was very convenient and ran about every 15 min. There was one night that we stayed a little bit longer at the park, after the shuttle service ended. The walk back to the hotel took less than 10 min.

The only downside during our stay here was during breakfast, my husband, wearing a tank top, was told to wear a shirt at the open restaurant downstairs (Café Sierra). On the hotel’s website, their eBrochure refers to this restaurant as “casual dining.” First of all it was 85+ degree weather that holiday weekend and being SoCal residents, we only packed tank tops and shorts for this trip. I understand the shirt requirement maybe for their Sunday champagne brunch; however, we went for a casual breakfast before heading out for a day at Universal Studios. At least the staff let us finish our meal and offered to bring my husband a “laundered shirt from downstairs” next time we eat there. Nonetheless, we chose not to eat there the rest of our stay.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Check in was efficient taking only 3 minutes where I received a requested room upgrade facing away from the Studios nearby for an extra $20 per night..
Elevators are fast and numerous with almost no wait in both directions.
Staff are friendly and give the impression that they genuinely want to help whever they can.
The room was very quiet, spacious with a well fitted bathroom and the air con worked perfectly.
Wireless internet had a good reception in the room but was quite slow all for $8 per day. (Careful, they charge for each device connected!).
The outstandng feature of this hotel is the fantastic buffet meals served every breakfast ($20) and Dinner ($44). The quality is excellent and variety outstanding with live music (piano) in the evenings..
The only negative comment concenrs the restuarant waitresses who expect 15-20% tip even though I served myself at the buffet. I was chased across the foyer on the first night by an angry member of staff complaining that I had not left a tip! My advice is dont leave these greedy people anything extra when using the buffet!

Room Tip: Book the lowest cost room and then accept the low cost upgrade available on request only.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bertybign
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is across the street from Universal Studios, about a 5 minute walk (up hill and up some stairs) or you can take the shuttle service. The shuttle service is not run by hotel but by Universal Studios so the times are not so good during the week, it ends at 4:30pm, but on the weekends it runs from open until 9pm.

The service is great, the rooms are clean and modern with a lot of amenities. We had a great view to the park. The beds have very soft linens and the toiletries are Peter Thomas Roth. We received a very nice plate of fresh fruit, a tin with chocolate and gourmet trail mix on arrival in our room and two bottles of water. We were traveling with family and requested rooms next to eachother, and they actually came through and we even had adjoining rooms. This is the first time hotel has actually come through with this request. Last year we stayed at another hotel and they put us in different buildings.

I know that a lot of people complain about the fee for parking but it is Los Angeles and it costs money to park at every hotel. The parking was $18 to self park for 24 hours, not a big deal. It costs the same at Univeral Studios and this is safer. The staff was great about letting us keep our luggage in their hotel after we checked out since we were going to be at Univeral Studios all day.

The seafood and prime rib buffet is $40, a little pricey but if you like seafood then it is worth it.

I would definately stay here again, very convenient and worth every penny.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family