3,462 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosfree shuttleyard restaurantbrady bunch housetrolley servicenorth hollywoodholiday innel doradometro stationpool arealovely hotelbunk bedson site restauranthot tubstudio citycity walksmall balcony
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Garland because my 14 year old wanted to celebrate her birthday at Universal Studios. The property is absolutely beautiful with that old Hollywood vibe to be appreciated by all ages. Location and staff can’t be beat! The Garland will be our go to hotel for our next visit to LA.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Daniel M, Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear jeandenver,
Happy belated birthday to your daughter! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a wonderful occasion and memory! We look forward to your next visit to LA!

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I arrived with a pregnant wife and six pieces of luggage. No one helped us with our luggage, but rather the valets and other staff, buried their collective faces in their cellphones while we struggled with the luggage. The next day, the bellhop caught an attitude because I asked him to repeat some car directions, after he mumbled his answer the first time.
There are many choices in hotels, so when a customer pulls up, he/she should be treated as if they actually mattered, because they do.
Not update your Facebook while a couple struggles with their suitcases.
If the best place you've ever stayed in is a holiday inn, then this place is the taj majal. If not, you'll be disappointed.
Oh, and eight dollars for a bottle of water? You can keep it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Daniel M, Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2017

Dear Mr. Wright,
First and foremost allow me to thank you for choosing The Garland for your getaway.
We are a small family owned hotel that takes great pride in our hospitality and therefore we are disappointed to hear about your experience. Guest comfort is our number one priority and we strive to get every customer right. Please be confident that we will follow up with these points you have outlined. We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future and show you true Garland experience.
We look forward to welcoming you, your wife and the baby back to our Urban Oasis.

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We came to this hotel in 2015 and came back in 2017 this hotel is very family orientated. They provide a shuttle bus to universal which is very handy and have activities going on in the day for children. Such as board games and activities. In the evening there is a film which you can watch from the pool which is great for the kids, meanwhile the adults can have a drink at the bar. The rooms are clean and I love the orange theme, honestly nothing bad with this hotel and would come back a third time!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Lyle_mord

Dear Lyle_mord,
What a fantastic and wonderful review! Thank you for allowing The Garland to host you during your family vacations to Los Angeles. We are humbled by your kind words. We look forward to your next trip! We'll have the games, movies and beverages waiting for you.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Very friendly staff, helpful, good location, very good food.
Loved my room on the top floor with plenty of afternoon light and quiet away from the highway.
A nice addition is the laundry room.
Gym very adequate and clean.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear gidco2000,
We are absolutely delighted you stumbled upon The Garland! We were happy to host you and be apart of a wonderful trip. We hope your travels bring you back to the area soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

My stay at the Garland was perfect. I flew into the Burbank airport and it was a quick drive to the Beverly Garland. I arrived 4 hours before check in, and they were able to find me a room that was ready to go. I was able to check in early and get comfortable before some presentations.

The grounds are beautifully kept, all of the staff is very accommodating and friendly, and the room was great. Good size and great amenities. I really liked the decor.

I had dinner at the lobby bar one night - the Royale burger with a fried egg was incredible. Served up with some fries that were coated in what seemed like taco seasoning and REALLY hit the spot. Service was quick.

Wish I had stayed longer and had time to visit the pool! The hotel has events for guests happening every day, so it seems like it would be fun to stay for pleasure too.

Booking another business trip for next month, and I’ll be staying at the Garland again because of how great my stay was!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear Danielle G,
We can't wait to welcome you back! Thank you for your kind words and high recommendation. We hope on the next trip you have some time to enjoy the pool! We'll see you soon!