3,455 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosfree shuttleyard restaurantbrady bunch housetrolley servicenorth hollywoodholiday innel doradometro stationpool arealovely hotelbunk bedson site restauranthot tubstudio citycity walksmall balcony
Reviewed November 12, 2017

fun convenient classic place

good location

fun decorating and style

good value

(balconies nearly worthless however, need an update there)

fun restaurants and bars

parking is very convenient

will be back

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Daniel M, Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear batshitcrazynot,
We appreciate your business and kind words. We look forward to welcomin gyou back soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights whilst visiting Los Angeles. The hotel is beautifully presented and the staff were pleasant. We had a lovely room in the Eldorado building which was a good size and had good amenities. It was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in (could have spent the whole 4 days in it). We never used the pool, gym, etc however they looked like they were well looked after. The hotel is in a good location, 2 minutes from the interstate and lots of restaurants, wee shops quite near by. We had a vehicle which we were able to park each night for a fee but don't think we would have seen as much of Los Angeles as we did without it. The hotel staff were helpful and provided us with maps of the metro systems and advised about the daily shuttle bus. Overall we had a great few nights at The Garland and would definitely stay again if we were to visit LA again.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Jennifer M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and recommendation with the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted you had a wonderful stay and that you would stay with us again. We look forward to that opportunity!

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I picked this hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews. Unfortunately we have not had a good experience. The service is terrible. Our first room had a low rumble that you could clearly hear and feel. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone up in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later no one had shown up. We called again. Finally someone from engineering arrived and he agreed that the rumble was annoying. So we were moved to a different room. However this room was right next to a room with a screaming toddler who woke us up at 6:45 am but we decided not to say anything. But then when we returned from our day of sightseeing, our keys didn’t work. We again had to call the front desk. A manager came and it turned out the battery in the lock was dead so even his key didn’t work. We again had to wait for engineering. Then when we finally got the door open, we saw that the room hadn’t yet had maid service. Instead of being incredibly apologetic, the manager seemed to not care a lot about our inconvenience. We will not be staying here again..

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank kjeang
Daniel M, Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2017

Dear kjeang,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Garland and for taking time to write the review. We know mother and daughter getaways are important and have to be absolutely perfect. Please accept our sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectations. I am very sorry you had to deal with multiple service delays instead of enjoying your getaway. We have noted room preference on your profile and truly hope to welcome you and your daughter back sometime soon, so we can show you what The Garland is all about. Please reach out to hotel management directly to book your future stay.

________________________________________

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Stayed for two nights for a business event. Had a double queen room in the Portola building on the 3rd floor. There may have been some kind of leak or something on the second floor because there were wet floor signs and a decidedly musty smell there. Room faced a parking lot and had a sliding door to the small balcony which allowed for fresh air. Heat/AC is one of those in-wall units so a bit noisy. Room amenities were standard. Bed was a bit hard and pillows are the kind that squish down to a hard brick. Chief complaint was the duvet set up, which was much too warm for SoCal. We are not a "one temp fits all" species, and a duvet with a sheet doesn't accommodate everyone. Some hotels with this setup have a lighter blanket in a closet but no such luck. On my way out after my first night, I stopped at the front desk to ask that a light blanket be put in my room when housekeeping serviced it. On my return later that afternoon, housekeeping had skipped my room for some reason but there was another duvet (making 2) on my bed. The next two hours was me calling and waiting 20-30 minutes several times for a light blanket I was assured would be brought up "right away." I wanted a nap before going out for the evening so I finally called and said I didn't want to be disturbed and to bring the blanket after 5:00. Settled in for a nap and drifted off only to be wakened by someone ignoring the do not disturb card and knocking on the door to finally give me the blanket (along with another duvet!). What I asked for is a basic level of service and there's no excuse for all of this difficulty. To add insult to injury, after I had checked out and left, they charged me $25 for a water and bottle of wine I never even touched.

Room Tip: Had a colleague get a room near the freeway that she said was very loud. Avoid that.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear Kaydub08,
Thank you for dedicating your time to share your experience at The Garland. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we are looking to continue to grow our service standards. Here at The Garland we believe that It’s the personal touch that counts and therefore very sorry to hear that our staff was not able to get your request right. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences encountered throughout your stay. We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our Urban Oasis and show you true Garland experience.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

The Garland, or Beverly Garland Hotel, is a great hotel, perfectly located near Universal City and the CBS Television Studios, as well as the junction of the Hollywood and Ventura Freeways. The service is very, very good and the food in the restaurant equally as good. There are multiple structures connected by walkways. The residences are comprised of two three story buildings that flank a much taller tower. These are fronted by a long hacienda style building that houses the lobby area, stores and a small lounge and bar, backed by a diving pool. The restaurant is located in a fifth building that has both indoor and outdoor seating. The meals are tasty and filling, and the service is friendly and efficient. In spite of the busy streets and bustling traffic nearby, once you are in the confines of the hotel, all of that disappears. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. During the two days I spent there every guest had a smile on his or her face. One cannot always say that about a hotel they've visited. I highly recommend The Garland for travelers to the Los Angeles area.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the lower level near the south parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear Richard W,
Such a lovely review! Thank you for sharing the kind words. It's humbling and flattering to know our guests are enjoying their experience with us. Please come back and visit us again soon!