When I was looking for a hotel, I wanted something close by to the taping studios. I found this hotel with a great deal. Even though it was late when I arrived, I was impressed with the lobby and with the room. I had a fast check in, which was great considering the day and events that had occurred earlier.
The next day my friend was coming in and the hotel made it easy for both of us (she had broken a bone in her foot a few weeks prior). I asked about other transportation, rather than a cab, they said they have a car service they deal with. They made the arrangement with the car service to pick her up and help her out when she arrived. I also rented a wheelchair and they had no problem storing it until we arrived and when we left, until the wheelchair company picked it up.
The pool was also fantastic. It was great and relaxing on one of their lounge beds. Everything around the pool was very clean. The seating area, bathrooms, fitness center and an abundance of towels. At night time, they have lights on their trees and a great outdoor fireplace, creating a great ambiance. The attached restaurant was great. The food was fantastic. We had appetizers during happy hour and also ordered in breakfast.
The shuttle to Universal Studios was great. The hotel is only a few minutes away, but it was nice to not have to worry about driving at the end of the day. At the end of our vacation, we were so surprised how close the hotel was to everything. It was far enough away from crowds but only a few minutes drive to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Chinese Theater and to the taping studios, if you're going to catch a live taping.
The only thing I would recommend is for the hotel to get new pillows. I don't know if it was only our room or with the whole hotel, but our pillows were very lumpy. Other than that, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I absolutely love it, we both did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn