We stay for two nights. The night we check in, it was almost 11pm. There was no bell-hop, and we had to move our big luggages to our room by ourselve.
The reason that we felt terrible is that there is a big glass door to open before you can get out of the lobby and walk to our building. There was a manager-type-of-person sitting there and playing with his computer, and totally ignored us, who got our hands full with luggages. We had to in turn holding the doors to let us pass one after another. He could have just stand up and holding the doors for us to save us a lot of trouble.
Right after getting out the doors, we were at another door that we must use our cards to open. The door has steps in front, and we had to lift our luggages to the top stair.
The next morning, we discovered that we don't have to bring the luggages into the lobby with our luggages, so we don't have to pass that glass door. There is another route from the front door directly to the building door without any doors in between. We also discovered that on the other side of the building there is a ramp, so we don't have to lift our luggages. The guy who check us in is a nice guy, but maybe he could have pointed out those discoveries and we don't have to look for them.
The room is quite nice (though small), and the balcany is very nice. The hotel has a pool which is lovely. We didn't try any of the amenities of the hotel as we have all sorts of reservations in LA. But they look nice.
It is a good boutique hotel. but it is going to end its contract with InterContinental at the end of the year. I am too cheap to not stick to a program though... So I have to find another InterContinental property in Universal City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn