“Best hotel in Los Angeles” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Garland
Ranked #9 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Best hotel in Los Angeles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is 20 minutes from downtown La Hollywood , Just a simple bus trip (bus stop across the rd from hotel Only 1.50 us each way . . Very close the universal city walk and universal studios . The hotel has a free trolley takes guests to and from every hr .
The hotel staff have excellent customer service from time staff greet you at the door and front staff are very helpful giving you the tips how the to get around Hollywood. The hotel has a excellent outdoor pool , spa . sauna open till 10 pm . Fitness center and laundromat in the hotel . Which rare to find in a hotel .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank darren2060
Scott M, General Manager at The Garland, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
darren2060: Thanks so much for naming us the "Best hotel in Los Angeles"! We appreciate it and are happy you enjoyed your visit with us! We really are fortunate for our wonderful employees and their commitment to providing excellent customer service and experiences to all our guests. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had travelled across the US by train, been to Chicago, Indianapolis and New York and needed a few days to relax before flying home to Australia. The Beverly Garland was perfect. Good comfortable room, great snacks by the pool, freindly staff and shuttle to Universal Studios. We even found a great Golf Shop just down the road for my wife to stock up on clothing and shoes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Les W
Daniel M, Manager at The Garland, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Les W: we are glad to hear that you had a "perfect" stay and that our staff was friendly as well.
We thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon,
Aberaeron, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

stayed 3 nights recently and couldn't fault the hotel. The closeness to Universal Studios and the free shuttle bus are real positives. Breakfast was a buffet and there was plenty of variety to choose from.Rooms were a bit on small side but adequate, bed was comfortable and ensuite fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel M, Manager at The Garland, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Stansevers
We are happy to hear that you took advantage of the closeness of our Hotel to Universal Studios and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
We hope to see you soon in the near future. Safe travels.
Mahtomedi, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for two nights during our two-week trip to California. I chose it over several of the hotels in the heart of Hollywood--and I'm sure glad I did! It was so spacious and peaceful that I had to keep reminding myself I was in Los Angeles. The kids loved playing in the huge outdoor pool, and I appreciated being able to do some laundry while they swam. The hotel has a 70's feel to it, and we affectionately called it the Brady Bunch hotel; however, the rooms were modern, spacious and clean. We did eat in the restaurant one evening--the food and service were good, and kids ate free! I was a bit apprehensive about the busy freeway so close by, but was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hear it much. Despite being away from central Hollywood, it was still a very convenient drive to the studio tours, Walk of Fame and Beverly Hills. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Delta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Beverly Garland for 7 days as part of a dance convention - some of which was held at the hotel. I really enjoyed the quirkiness of the hotel.... it definitely didn't feel like a chain hotel as it seemed very unique in it's decor. Our room was great size wise and we never felt on top of one another in the space. I also liked the fact that our room had two sinks - one outside and one inside the bathroom which was just great for my daughter and I as we both had our own. The shower pressure was awesome - I just love a strong powerful shower!!! The only thing bathroom wise that I didn't like was the fact that the sink took forever to drain and I'm not a big fan of that when I brush my teeth and have to wait for the sink to drain after and try and wash my rinsed toothpaste away. I have to be honest and say that I did find the bed to be pretty uncomfortable.... especially, the bedding which I found to be very heavy on top of me, it just didn't seem snuggly enough, if that makes sense. That's my only real reason for giving the hotel an average rating as I didn't really have a good night's sleep for any night that I was there. After having read the reviews on trip advisor before going, I got a room in the Portola building away from the Freeway and I honestly didn't have a problem at all with noise at all (and I am a pretty light sleeper). My daughter and her friends enjoyed the movies by the pool at night - swimming and watching a movie was a great way to relax after a busy day. We also ate during the Happy Hour in the bar and the food was awesome - would totally recommend the Quesadillas! They were yummy! The staff were also very helpful and friendly. I think the hotel could do with some updating and the bedding renewed so it would be a little more cozy but I would still recommend this hotel as a place to stay; especially if you are looking to go to Universal as the shuttle to there is great (about a 7 min drive). We didn't have a car but do be aware there is a cost to park your car there.

Room Tip: Portola buidling is away from the Freeway.... would suggest second floor or higher in that building...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Blebsie: Thanks for calling us "home" for a week. We appreciate your comments on our great summer programming, happy hour food and the friendly and helpful attitude of all our team. We apologize for your experience with the sink draining and we do have systems in place to prevent future occurrences. Good luck to your daughter with the dancing!
Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights; 2 adults and 2 kids. Rooms were adequate. Each day new toiletrees should have been given, so fekt the hotel was a little cheap in this area. Pool was nice though kids should be allowed in the hot tub! On site restaurant Food was great but the service was a bit slow; took forever to get a bill. Kids eat free excellent bonus!

• Stayed August 2013
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed two nights and were very happy with the service and room offered. The added bonus was the shuttle from the hotel to Universal every half hour. Breakfast was great and the customer service offered to us in the restaurant was outstanding.
Nothing to fault on this hotels location, room quality and customer service. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family