Keep in mind, this is an older property. Overall the room was clean (housekeeping did forget the wash cloths when they made up the room) and the beds comfortable. We were next to the freeway, and as long as you keep the slider closed you can't hear the noise. The breakfast buffet at Tula's was reasonable and had a good selection of items (bagels and lox, fruit, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and waffles), they even offered to make eggs for me if I wanted something other than scrambled. The staff was friendly, even when I told them maintenance needed to fix the AC cover (it came off in my hand) and the bathroom ceiling which was peeling over the shower (there's no fan). The free shuttle to Universal Studios was a plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn