We just returned from a 4 day vacation to Hollywood where we stayed at the Beverly Garland. We loved this hotel! The grounds, courtyard, pool area, lobby...all very beautiful and nicely tucked away from the "hustle & bustle" of LA. We really enjoyed ending our long days of touring Hollywood by relaxing in the hot tub at night. Others have complained about the hallways being too dark and yes, they are dark but who cares?! We didn't come on vacation to spend time in the hallways! The rooms were nice, very clean and soundproof. Our balcony had a great view of the Hollywood Hills. The hotel is on the freeway but large pine trees obstructed our view of it and the noise didn't bother us at all.
We ate at Tula's twice and the food and service were both great.
We also loved the fact that the hotel provides a free hourly trolley that takes you to Universal Studios and will also drop you at the Metro (train station) if you ask. We used the train to take a trip to Hollywood BLVD. It was only one stop away on the train and cost $1.50 each way. It was safe and quick...much cheaper than taking a cab!
The only issue that we had was, one morning our toilet became clogged and wouldn't flush. We had to call the front desk 3 times before someone finally came to fix it. He advised that he had a very busy morning and was apologetic about it. He was forgiven :) LOL
I can't wait to come back to the Hollywood area in the future and when I do, I will definitely stay at the Beverly Garland again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn