I have recently stayed here with my family from Dec 28, 2012 to Jan 1 2013. We've enjoyed the experience and we're quite happy with the room as it was nice and comfy. I really love the location because it's just 5-10 minutes away from Universal Studios and they even provide a free shuttle bus to and from Universal Studios.
The only thing which was a drawback for me was having to stay at the building named Portola, we had to walk outside to reach the front desk and the breakfast area. As it was raining during the days we've stayed, it was quite a hassle especially with a 4-yr old child walking through the cold weather and the rain. The heater in the room was a little bit noisy too. But overall, it was a great experience and would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn