3,466 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosfree shuttleyard restaurantbrady bunch housetrolley servicenorth hollywoodholiday innel doradometro stationpool arealovely hotelbunk bedson site restauranthot tubstudio citycity walksmall balcony
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Really liked this hotel. Close to Universal with free shuttle it had good rooms with plenty of room for 4 people in our two doubles room. The rooms were well furnished, clean and had a good sized TV. I especially liked the pool area which was beautiful, well maintained, plenty of sun loungers and towels etc. The staff were also very helpful and friendly. We stayed two nights and I would have hestitation in recommending it. The hotell had free wi fi which was great but there wasa parking charge (the only negative thing i could say about the hotel.) we ate in the restaurant 1 evening and the meal was good and fair value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BGHI, General Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thanks for choosing The Beverly Garland. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the pool complex and especially thrilled that you would recommend our hotel. Guest recommendations are the best measure of satisfaction. My team and I are excited you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

An excellent hotel. The location is perfect for Universal Studios and the hotel provides a free shuttle which takes only ten minutes and avoids queuing and paying for parking at Universal. (You do have to pay for parking at the hotel but we left our car there all day even when we had checked out, at no extra charge). We ate at their restaurant Tula's which was also excellent. Great choice of food and excellent quality. Breakfast was the same. We had a bed and breakfast package so got two vouchers for breakfast. Kids under 12 eat for free from the kids menu otherwise $10 for the buffet. Additional adults (kids over 12) $16.95 but well worth it for the selection of food available. There's a nice pool and on Thurs, fri and sat evenings they show a kids movie at the pool, so kids can watch/swim whilst the parents relax/eat/drink! The only slight grumble would be the noise level of the air conditioning, but overall I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the highway and it was quiet. I have no idea if the rooms on the other side are noisier though.
1  Thank CTVarese

Thanks for choosing The Beverly Garland. We really enjoy hearing what our guests think about our property. I am happy to hear you also enjoyed our restaurant, Tula’s as our culinary team works very hard to ensure we provide a great experience. Thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed there from the 5th to the 12th of july, It was very pleasent Indeed.

From the momment we got there all the staff very very helpfull, the lady in the shop would print you out your route for you with transport details, the free shuttle to Uninversal, and the Metro station was a bonus.
We were on the 6th floor facing the freeway, but I live on a main road at home so the noise didnt bother us too much.
The room Itself 667 (next door to the Beast :) )was very nice, comfy bed, nice big telly, tea and coffee maker, It was cleaned every day to a great standard., the outdoor areas very very tidy.
There Is a laundry room, which was good.
I would be happy to go back to the Beverly Garland.

Room Tip: Poolside bar Is expensive, $6 a bottle of Bud, go out main entrance turn left, about 200 yards down the road on the left there Is a shopping complex, with 2 big supermarkets great for all your day to day stuff one being Ralphs, we got 20 bottles of Bud for $16 :). Theres also a Chinese a sandwedge shop, and a few others. If your In between shuttle pick ups, you can walk to the Universal Metro Station In about 10 mins, taxis from the hotel car park are $7 - 9 :z We went to Anaheim for 2 days on the Amtrak train from Union Station, Dont forget t otake your ID, they wont let you on the train without It , from the UK so we didnt know tihs, we had taken an hour to get there from the hotel, then had to go back get passport, and then a hour back to Union Station, Grrrr.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris666Uk

Thanks for staying with us during your visit to Los Angeles. Glad to hear you did not mind being next to room 666…many people have so much fun with that room number. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to LA and the BG. I also really appreciate your comments about the staff being “Top Notch”; it is a privilege to be part of such a caring team.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

My family and I spent our vacation last May in North America. We all decided that we wanted to see Universal studios, Kodak Theater, Disneyland, Rodeo Drive and all that is Hollywood. Stepping into this hotel makes one feel at home immediately which is great for my whole family. The staff are so attentive and helpful. Although its not very new, I still think its well maintained and very clean. It's so conveniently located to every place e targeted on visiting.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bambi O

We are honored to have been chosen as your home while visiting North America and we appreciate you staying with us. Our associates work very hard to ensure each guest enjoys their stay and I know they are delighted to hear your comments. We hope that if your travels take you back to the US, you will once again choose our hotel. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

What can I say to do the Beverly Garland justice? Wow, wow, wow!
Even though the hotel is showing its age, it is more than compensated for by the attitude of the staff. Every time we came through the front door, whoever was on the front counter would look up and say "welcome home".
The free shuttle to Universal Studios is brilliant, it runs regularly and is a real bonus. We needed to get to the train before the first run one day so the lovely, obliging Andy took us himself.
The position of Beverly Garland is perfect, it is only a short subway ride to downtown Hollywood and has a major grocery store within walking distance, there is also a British Pub, Seven Eleven and an authentic Mexican Restaurant just down the road. Plenty of choices for dining.
Karla on the reception counter was so very helpful and just lovely when dealing with a minor disaster on my behalf one day. Both she and Andy went well beyond what you would call their job description. Sky was also very welcoming. I'm sorry I can't recall everyone's names, but if you were working on the weekend of 5-8 July you were absolutely amazingly brilliant and so very welcoming and helpful. Thank you.
We did have breakfast at the restaurant one morning, it was very nice and reasonably priced.
I cannot recommend the Beverly Garland highly enough for service and position but be aware, it is not flashy, so if you are looking for 5 star bling, you probably won't find it here.
Enjoy!

4  Thank debby s
BGHI, General Manager at The Garland, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Beverly Garland for your accommodations while visiting the Hollywood area. We can’t thank you enough for your glowing review. We are so thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations and appreciate your recommendation. I know that Karla, Andy and Sky are thankful for your recognition. We look forward to having you as our guest during your next trip to Los Angeles.