3 nights here in april in a kids suite. Soemwhat dissapointed in the suite as the kids area was simply a partition around 7 feet high. Nonetheless the room was big and clean and suited our needs.
Arrival and checkin relatively smooth however receptionist missed that parking was included which was simply careless.
Very comfortable bed but fierce aircon sitiuated right next to it.
Following morning found a large number of dead and dying flies in the bathroom...very unpleasent but hotel took t seriously and dealt with it quickly. They offered and upgrade which we declined as it was a a kids suite and in any event we did not have time to repack and unpack.
Breakfast was at alst a buffett in a Holiday inn and worked well but again the rubbish kids menu that is standard fayre in HI was given to the kids..
Rate included tour of Hollywood but we had to pay extra for the two kids. Wished we had not as the tour was terrible with a driver who simply talked about anything and nothing for over 5 hours.
Day 2 breakfast was a disaster. Hotel had closed restaraunt but did not tell us. A conference room was used and at 8.30 it was chaotic. The staff were inundated with guests, there was no food and no plates or anything else for that matter. By 8.50 managers arrived and started clearing tables and finally food arrived. I cannot begin to tell you how bad it was.
Had to be on 9.30am bus to Universal so cut breakfast short and waited for bus. It arrived 9.45 and we were left behind with all seats taken by those with sharp elbows and a desire to push. As a result I complained to the duty manager in private but very firmly and left him in no doubt of how I felt. Given I was paying close to $400 a night I expected and required far better than this. It was left that the hotel should make somesort of gesture to make up for flies breakfast and buses.
Great day at Universal and we left the next morning following an uneventful breakfast.
Noted that the bill had been adjusted by $200 which I thought generous and refelcetd that the hotel is trying and takes things seriously.
In all great location for universal, comfortable beds but watch out for aircon.
Would stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into The Garland and you're instantly transported to a secluded, urban oasis, yet close to all the action and excitement of Universal Studios, Hollywood and LA's best attractions. Nestled within seven tree-shaded acres, this authentic LA experience is complete with a welcoming vibe and modern amenities to keep you plugged in, yet completely relaxed. Our guests enjoy a glittering pool under sunny skies, dining on savory dishes and sipping perfect martinis during sunset. The Garland is setting the standard for 'Retro-cool'. Check in and check it out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Garland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Garland`s Holiday Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Beverly Garlands
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn