Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

I was excited to go here and stay near dtla. Was supposed to check in tomorrow. I receive an email that my reservation was cancelled and I had a $200 fee to leave behind even after they verified my credit card which was successful. I called them assuming there was a clerical error.

At that point they said my card was declined which has nothing to do with the amount in my bank account. I said I will call the bank now to allow the charge because I want to stay there. The lady said all rooms have been booked now. Not cool.

I don't know why they didn't call me right away about the decline right when it happened. I lost the room and there better not be any charges on my account or they will hear from me again.

One thing is I got a deal on the room from Expedia and I bet someone else willing to pay full price came around and they pushed me aside. If that's the case DONT ADVERTISE ON EXPEDIA! Very unhappy and now I have to find a hotel asap while I'm working if I want a decent place to sleep. Horrible.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Joshua H
Reviewed March 23, 2017

my wife and i stayed here we checked in on the 20th the front desk receptionist was so polite as she helped us and even offered to walk us to the unit if we needed ! once we got to our unit there was a foul sour smell we ignored it the bathroom towels were stained so the young woman brought us up more the bed was so hard it felt like i was sleeping on wood and the blankets were gross! and itchy we decided to check out early that was the 20th the woman at the desk was awful this was not the same lady from the night we checked in, the check out clerk had a snobby attitude and appeared to seem very irritated i asked for her name since the clerks dont wear name tags and she stated for me to have a good morning and took the fob! she had long black hair and wore a black hat ill never stay here again, the young man was an african american female and had a snobby attitude,

ting wang A307 :)

Room tip: great check in .. horrible rooms
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2017

For our last few nights in LA we decided to stay Downtown. The building is right next to the Staple Centre and LA Convention Centre so it is pretty easy to get to any thing Downtown. When we arrived in the afternoon with our rental car, I had to circle the block while my girlfriend ran in to check in and get the fob for the parkade (parking additional), as it is a no parking zone out front of the office during certain hours. When we finally got into the room I immediately noticed that the $160 "cleaning fee" is not going to good use. There were stains on the walls and for a newer building it looked a little run down. When I finally went to bed I was shocked at how uncomfortable the bed was, so uncomfortable that it took me some time to fall asleep. This building seems to be better suited for long-term stays.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tmr604
Reviewed February 27, 2017

Well, this was an interesting experience. I needed a place close to the convention center at a reasonable rate. This place fit the bill so I booked it. Turns out there are two buildings, one on Flower and one on Figueroa. Book a room on Figueroa as it is right across from the convention center. My room was on the first floor on Flower and was directly across from the metro rail station. It was loud! I think it stopped running at midnight, but because I was also on the ground floor, I heard everything as there isn't much insulation to keep out the noise. I had to run the kitchen stove fan all night to drown out the other noises.

Upon checking in, I was impressed with the size of the apartel. It was very large, but had a cold feeling to it as the floor was all tiled linoleum and there wasn't any carpeting. It was also not lit very well. The brightest room in the place was the bathroom. It is an open air design, so if that's not your thing, don't stay here. Only a wall separates the bedroom from the dining and living room. The room did have two single beds outside of the bedroom and a sofa bed, so it would be good for large a large family.

I immediately noticed two stains on the bedspread. Not a good sign. The spread looked quite worn out and not fresh at all. The only light in the bedroom is from two bedside lamps. It's pretty dim. I also noticed there was leftover coffee in the urn sitting in the coffeemaker. So much for checking the room for cleanliness. Once I got passed that, the kitchen is very large as is the living area. The bathroom was the best part. It had both a bathtub and a separate glass shower. I opted for the glass shower. My only complaint is that there isn't anyplace to put a wash cloth, a razor or shampoo. All it needs a shelf of some kind, otherwise your putting those items on the floor.

It's a bit scary if you check in at night. There is no security and once I checked in, I had to leave the office and walk outside to another set of doors to get in. It's not a long walk, but anything could happen on the streets of LA and I was relieved to finally be inside.

My co-worker was fortunate to stay in a building on Figueroa, and it was like night and day. That building had a manned desk, a business center, and seemed like a much better building. Mine had none of that.

Overall, because I was at the convention center for most of the day, it wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't stay on the first floor again and I would try to get a room in the other building.

Room tip: Ask for room in the building on Figueroa or up on a higher floor on Flower. Keep in mind the metro is on Flower and it's not quiet.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sean R, Public Relations Manager at Ginosi FiGaro Apartel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2017

Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We are sorry that the apartment wasn't cleaned according to our standards, and we'll investigate to see why that was. We appreciate that you took the time to give details about the pros and cons of staying with us, and we will work to ensure that improvements are made accordingly!

Reviewed January 25, 2017

I am enjoying my stay in Los Angeles indeed. To be honest, I like the Ginosi Fargo Apartel. It is like you are living in a real apartment. You have your bed room, your own kitchen, living room and bathroom. You can find whatever you need in a house from oven to washing machine. There are two terrible issues about Ginosi. Despite charging us on a daily manner for the room service (on top of the room fair, we have been charge an extra 160 US dollars for a week of stay), you never see anybody to do the housekeeping. I reflected the issue to the reception and he made a lousy excuse that the money was charged to make the room ready for you to check-in! It doesn't make sense to me tho, if that is the case, they should have charged me for 30 dollars (a charge for one day housekeeping as they say) not $160. The other annoying issue is the lack of maintenance. The heater was not working, again after approaching the reception, they would give you a number to call. First of all, you won't find a phone in the room nor at the reception to make the call! Considering that most the time the residents of the hotel would be foreigners, I really don't understand why they don't provide a phone at least at the reception desk!? Second, when I finally made the call, the guy at the other side of the line had no idea where is Ginosi and why I am calling!! He told me they provide service for communities!!! After all, I didn't receive any help from the hotel or the number, I could fix the heater by myself anyways (figured out the batteries of the central switch was flat and I simply changed them by my own ones).
To be fair, except the above 'annoying' issues I didn't see any other one, by now. Location wise, you would have a good access to down town, Staples Center, Microsoft mall, ESPN and so forth. We paid only $6 to get to Walk of Fame by Uber or $13 to get to the Apartel from the airport.

Date of stay: January 2017