“Pleasantly surprised”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Lucerne
Description: The Larchmont is redefining the idea of the classic American Bistro. Located in a charming two story craftsman-style home, The Larchmont offers delicious, farm to table, Californian cuisine in a welcoming setting, and friendly service. The menu is creatively built around the variety of American cuisines that bring cultures together with seasonally selected ingredients passionately prepared. The wine list offers selections from emerging wine regions and from boutique wineries in California and elsewhere around the world. The Larchmont is a place where you will always be greeted with a smile and know that you are in store for a great meal that will surprise you. It's the perfect place for a business lunch, special celebration, or a dinner gathering with friends or family. Welcome, we look forward to having you.
Rancho Mirage, California
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had never heard of this restaurant. Knowing that we were going to a small theatre nearby, our friends recommended we try it....and boy were we happy we did.

Great atmosphere in an old converted house. Wonderful menu with creative dishes (loved the lobster Mac and cheese) and beautiful presentation.

Very pleasant servers....save room for homemade pies..

• Visited July 2012

Calabasas, CA
“Pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the cozy space. This is an old house and its decorated well with a nice fireplace. The staff was friendly and it made for a nice dining environment. That said, we found the food just okay. We could have ordered the wrong things as neither of us opted for the lobster mac and cheese or short ribs, which were highly recommended by others. My wife doesn't eat seafood so we opted to share the appetizer mac and cheese, which has different cheeses than the entree lobster version. This is going to sound harsh, but I thought it wasn't that different than the Kraft version you buy in a box. Certainly not worth $13. The brussels sprouts were good, but not as good as what I make at home. I was disappointed that the waitress charged us for these even though our deal was that she wouldn't charge if I didn't think they were as good as mine. Tack on another $7. My chicken was good, but nothing remarkable. My wife had the panzanella, which didn't come as she expected. (She loves panzanella.) Overall, the surroundings are pleasant along with the staff, but we felt there are better restaurants in the area. Our bill was $90 and it felt like a $50 meal.

• Visited March 2012
usa
“Very good food, nice menu selectons”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My party tried the crabcake, salmon salad, lobster mac & cheese, and pan fried trout. All were perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. Service was prompt and very friendly. Eat here and get the lobster mac n' cheese!

San Ramon, California
“Tip-top lunch selections”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I recently dined at Larchmont Grill for the first time. The decor of the restaurant is updated and comfortable. Although the dining room is not large, the tables are positioned to give each group some space, which is a plus. The three of us ordered salads topped with seafood for lunch and the food exceeded our expectations. Due to time constraints, we didn't order extras (appetizers or dessert) but the choices looked quite appealing.

• Visited December 2011
Encinitas, California
“Lovely Restaurant!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We ate at Larchmont Grill on an early Sunday evening with about 10 people before we went to the theatre. We gave ourselves plenty of time and the staff was wonderful about getting our dinner out in time. I started with the wedge which was huge! Easily can be shared. I then had the lobster mac and cheese which was gorgeous! This was also a very generous portion and my mom and I shared it. There was plenty of lobster and the crunchiness on top was so yummy! I also had a bite of the pot pie with lobster and it was amazing! I will definitely go back and order that next time. Our server, Cory, was wonderful and made our evening that much better.

• Visited December 2011