Just returned from a 2 night stay at the LAX Airport Marriott. I am a SIlver Elite Member this year but have been a Loyal Marriott customer for a number of years.
PROS: I needed a wheelchair accessible room and when I arrived the Front Desk Agent was able to explain in detail the difference between the types of accessible rooms they had. We opted for a 2 Queen Accessible Tub Option on the 5th floor. A roll in shower was available but not yet ready. The room was oversized and had a balcony that faced the pool. The Balcony was wide enough that you could actually enjoy it. Wonderful.
We ate in one of the hotel restaurants, Latitude 313. We ordered a Western Cheeseburger and a Chicken Quesadilla, the food came fast and the service was attentive.
The fitness center was plentiful and had nice touches like a complementary fresh fruit bar and a water station that served chilled grapefruit infused water.
The hot tub was nice and warm. Not too hot and not too cold. I Didn't feel dizzy after being in it for 5 minutes.
The Front Desk Manager was able to give us a late 3pm checkout at no additional charge.
The Starbucks employees were able to give us raw sugar packets and half and half for the room at no charge.
We used the "At Your Service" button to request a toothbrush and toothpaste, extra bathroom soap, shampoo and conditioner and extra coffee packets and they came quickly.
- The Front Desk Agent was not able to rush the request of the Roll in Shower room and stated that if I wanted a Roll in Shower I could check hourly to see if one with two queen beds would be ready. However, she said it could take up to 4 hours. (I arrived at 11am, Check in was 3 or 4)
- The Front Desk Manager working at check in came to speak with me after I requested to have the incidentals blocked from my room. This is a request that was able to be honored numerous times over the years without incident. I had even called the night before and checked with the agent working the desk at night to see if this would be a problem and they stated it would not be. The Front Desk Agent had to check with the Front Desk Manager who told me in turn that if any incidentals were charged to the room that we would be locked out of the room. I can understand why they do that given the nature of the hotel (airport hotel with tons of crew check in and check outs and airline passengers getting stranded overnight with vouchers) but as an elite customer that was not how I expected to be treated.
- Housekeeping did not service our room. It was not a big deal because we were only there two nights but I did check with the maid as we were leaving in the afternoon and let her know we would like service.
- Only two packets of coffee were given in the In-Room Coffee Maker, one of which was regular. At Your Service was able to give us additional regular packets of coffee, however, it was an inconvenience.
- Thann Bath Products were used in the room, even though Bath and Body Works products were advertised on the website.
- There was no wheelchair accessible lift into the hot tub even though on the website it was advertised that there were lifts into all pool areas of the hotel.
- The water station in the Fitness Center the 2nd day we used it was jammed with so much fruit it was nearly impossible to get water out of it.
Overall, a good trip. Although the cons seemed to be nitpicky, they add up for someone who uses Marriott hotels. I used them a lot over the years, although not in the past three years or so. However, in 2014, I intend for them to be my hotel of choice. I'm also less nitpicky as this was a leisure trip and not a business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover spacious rooms, innovative amenities and a sophisticated atmosphere when you book a stay at the luxurious Los Angeles Airport Marriott. Our hotel near LAX offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport, less than 1.5 miles away. Other nearby points of interest include the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Manhattan Beach, Third Street Promenade and a variety of shopping and dining. The Ocean Express Beach Trolley stops at the hotel every 30 minutes to transport guests to Manhattan Beach. Guest rooms at our LAX hotel feature plush bedding and modern technologies. Business travelers will appreciate high-speed Internet access, spacious work desks and ergonomic chairs. Our Marriott features two popular restaurants in addition to a sports bar and Starbucks(R) coffeehouse. Active travelers will enjoy our resort-style pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. Our hotel near LAX also features 55,000 square feet of event space for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy the utmost in comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Marriott
- Marriott Los Angeles Airport