“Very Comfortable Hotel”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #64 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights to go to the Rose Bowl game on Jan 1, 2013. The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds. My son had a room on the main floor that opened to the pool which was very nice. Hotel had a free shuttle to the airport. Overall, nice hotel if staying by the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I'm glad that you had a comfortable stay with us. We take pride in our convenient location and great hotel amenities, so I'm glad that you could appreciate both. Thank you for sharing your review. - Steven

There are newer reviews for Los Angeles Airport Marriott

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here on my way to and from London from Auckland and it was the perfect place for a stopover. The room was clean and comfortable and just what I needed after a 13 hour flight and the staff were very helpful. The shuttle bus was fine on my first trip though when I stayed again on my way back to Auckland I had to wait hours as the traffic through the airport was so bad. It did eventually come and luckily my check in was super fast so I could get to bed! I would recommend this hotel if you are having a quick stopover in LAX if you're staying in LA longer you might want to stay somewhere more in town nearer the sights.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I know how important speedy service after a long flight, and I'm happy to hear that we could provide you with convenience and comfort. Thanks again for choosing LAX Marriott. - Steven

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel every July now for a few years as I am always in L.A on business at this time.The one and only reason I come back is the location!

It is located literally 5 minutes away from LAX, however if like me you wait for the shuttle bus you may be dissapointed,I came in on a flight from Seattle at 19.00 and waited 35 minutes and no bus ever turned up! I then had to get a cab.

lobby area is nice and the restaraunt does a great steak, Gym is well equipped too and the swimming pool area is great for an airport hotel.Concierge lounge , great.

Check in on elite desk was horrendous, the girl who checked me in was lets say very eccentric and not what you need after a 16 hour day.

rooms are very dated and in a serious need of an update! My last stay until the rooms are upgraded!

Room Tip: Be sure to make sure a shuttle bus is operating!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheffield102

Thank you for your review. I'm happy that you have enjoyed our convenient location and hotel amenities over the years, but I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive shuttle and check in experience on your most recent visit. I am sending you a private message now to follow up. -Steven

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited this hotel a couple of times while traveling on business. Close proximity to LAX with shuttle that runs every 15-20 mins makes this a convenient place to stay. Very busy lobby with lots of tourists last time I was there, but the rooms are large, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, and thank you for being a regular guest with us. I'm glad that we can provide you with spacious rooms and a convenient location while you are working in Los Angeles. We look forward to hosting you again. - Steven

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We needed a Day Room between arriving off a Cruise & & flying out at Midnight. We ended up having from 12noon-9pm at the hotel.

I pre-booked my rate through a Travel Agent in Australia for just under $100, & I think for the rate we paid this Hotel was great value. The Pool Area was fantastic for a Airport Hotel. Very Resort Style Feel. There were kids pool toys which was a pleasant surprise. We ended up spending about 3hours in this area, & my only complaint was there was no Pool Bar or Food Service Area. We ended up going into the Hotel Lobby as there was a Starbucks & getting a drink. Something the Hotel should look at adding as I'm sure it would be very popular. However we did have a staff member come around offering complimentary ice blocks which was again a pleasant surprise.

We also dined In the Sports Bar Restaurant for dinner which was reasonably priced for a Airport Hotel. Good Kids menu selection & reasonably priced.

I can only fault one thing. The Cost of wifi. There was no directory in the room saying what time the Restaurants etc were open or what services were available at the hotel other than an in room service for food, & was shocked on check out to be told that there was a charge for wifi of approx. $12.99. I must have looked shocked when the check out clerk told me this as he offered to waive it. We must have been in the room all of 3 hours, between lazing at the pool & dining in the Sports Bar Restaurant, & didn't realise when my kids got on their ipads that they had confirmed they would pay a charge which apparently they have to do. Of all the 9 hotels we stayed at throughout our 3 week holiday all wifi was free, so we weren't expecting to pay.

Would stay here again for a Airport Hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us (as brief as it was) and sharing your wonderful review. I'm happy to hear that your family had a great time by the pool and a delicious meal at our Champion's Sports Bar. We hope to see you again for a longer stay in the future. - Steven

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel conveniently located, close to Budget car rental (walking distance). Room is rather small with indeed tiny bathroom, which was disappointing. Great pool and excellent breakfast (book this together with the room, which is much more economical!!). Friendly staff. Although booked through a booking site, in all it was not really cheap. But for a night before or after a flight not bad. Food is rather expensive in the restaurant. There must be small royals in LAX, since the queen size beds are considerably smaller than other queens sizes. Rooms are quiet.

Room Tip: Book the breakfast together with the room. Much cheaper.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thanks for your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed breakfast and along with our convenient location. We hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Booked a room using a special coupon. Forgot to finish the reservation, so when I arrived, they let me use a computer and phone so I was able to still receive the special price. Our room was on the lobby level looking out in the parking lot. That was fine, just staying for the night, but if staying longer, ask for a pool view. Just beware, the lower level rooms have exterior doors to the pool area if that bothers you. The pool area is kind of depressing, but my kids enjoyed it. I guess they offer drink service, but it was Sunday and it was not offered. No lifeguard on duty. We ate at Latitude 33, food and service was very good. The airport shuttle was easy and quick. Our room was typical Marriott. Only complaints are the bathroom - super tiny with paneled dropped ceiling and dirty air vent in the shower. Also, they need to offer better pillow - 4 per bed but 2 are so thick you couldn't really use them for sleeping. Everything else seemed clean enough. The gift shop was nice. Overall good for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view. Just beware, some lower level rooms have exterior doors to the pool area if tha...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasant layover with us, including a delicious meal at Latitude 33. We always want you to have a wonderful night's sleep, so please do not hesitate to request different pillows in the future. I hope you will come stay with us again.