“Great for overnight airport stay”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #61 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great for overnight airport stay”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a great location to overnight when landing or leaving from LAX. There is a free shuttle from the airport. Rooms are always clean, room service is great and staff is friendly. You can also walk to several other restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thanks for your review and feedback! Glad you had a comfortable and convenient stay with us, and we hope to see you again on your next LA business trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Upon arriving we saw the parking lot. This is the self-parking lot, it's just a big parking lot with a lever. It is 26 dollars a night for hotel guests! We couldn't believe it! They are expensive at most hotels but this is over the top! The price they then charge you for the room is really not worth it. The lobby was quite busy. No problem, we had to wait a bit. The three days we were at this hotel the sun never came through and when we drove to Hollywood, Beverly hills or downtown the sun was out. A pitty because we were not able to use the pool and we felt bad about not having any sun while the other parts in L.A. were + it was quite a bit colder at LAX. The room is OK, no luxury, clean, no possibility to open the window in our room and the bathroom is extremely small, maybe they can ask this money because of the area the hotel is in but on our roadtrip in the west of the us we had hotels that were as expensive and a lot better/more luxury. The pillows were either too small and flat or to big and filled. Another set back: they DONT OFFER free WIFI IN THE ROOM! This is really like going back to the dark ages, for free WIFI you have to go to the lobby. This results in a full lobby area filled with people on laptops, tablets and smartphones. WIFI in your room is no luxury. The restaurants are just OK and the food is also just fine. My chicken was undercooked and the waiter was rude. Too bad for them because we will not be returning and went to eat elsewere. Overall our experience was OK: clean room is a plus but there were too much things that were a let down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and maybe one on a lower floor so you can maybe use the wifi from the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and we take your feedback seriously. Would you mind sending us a private message with your email so we can have the appropriate person contact you to follow up with your issues?
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times over the last several months while on business at the airport and while in general I prefer the smaller Renaissance down the road, when my company books me here I'm never disappointed. The front desk staff, in particular, make me feel welcome here as an elite member of the Marriott Rewards program. Room service is reliable and the food is even better when I take the time to eat downstairs. Shuttle service to and from the airport is good.

I sometimes get much better views than other times, but have never been placed in what I consider a substandard room. They're very similar from floor to floor and quite adequate for my purpose, which is usually just a little work, a meal and sleep. On frequent business trips, predictable is good, and this hotel is quite predictable.

If I ever have a non-standard experience at the LAX Marriott I'll submit another review.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We're delighted to have you as a frequent guest! Thanks for the great review. Please let us know if you have any problems during your stays with us, and we'll be sure to have the appropriate person contact you to help. We look forward to your next visit!
Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I checked in using the Marriott Rewards desk. The employee was very helpful and even helped me with concierge lounge access because my Marriott Rewards level changed from Silver to Gold the day before and my reservation showed Silver. My room was nice and clean, but this is an older hotel and the doorways and bathrooms are a little small. The concierge lounge was great with not just snacks, but with pasta at dinner time and with eggs and sausage during breakfast (and fruit, pastries and cereal as well.) The staff there was really friendly and helpful as well. My bill had one error (charged for Wi-Fi which should have been free with Gold level), but it was corrected immediately the morning of my departure. The parking lot has plenty of spaces, but it is very expensive to park and you have to walk a short distance to get in to the hotel. Overall, a nice stay and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: My room faced the runways, but no issues with noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AeroHokie92
We're delighted that we could be the first to welcome you as a Gold Member! Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate your recommendation, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Los Angeles!
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The person who checked me into the hotel informed me that I would have a hold placed on my account if I used a debit card AFTER she swiped it. I asked her to use my credit card instead. As a result, my credit card was charged for my room AND a hold for another two hundred dollars was placed on my checking account (because she simply swiped the card). I discovered this the next morning, but could not wait at the front desk because I had a flight to catch. While waiting at the airport, I called the Marriott to get things straightened out. The woman on the phone said she couldn't do anything to help me. She suggested I call the next day because accounting would be open then. When I called the next day the person I spoke with repeated that she couldn't help me; that accounting wouldn't help either, but she could put me through anyway. She suggested that I call my bank and ask them to remove the hold. By then, I was frustrated with waiting on hold, telling my story, and hearing "I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do". I am a Marriott Rewards Member and have stayed at over 12 different Marriott properties since this time last summer. I am convinced that Marriott only gives lip-service to the idea of complete customer service. If they really were interested in customer service, they would empower their employees to be able to truely provide service for their customers.

• Stayed June 2013
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We apologize for the confusion. Can you send us your email in a private message so we can have the appropriate person contact you directly?
perth, australia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Four of us stayed here for one night between Cancun and Orlando. Don't ask why we flew to LAX...we ended up with one night and chose Marriott for branding and location. Arrived very late and they had a laundry but no change machine. Rooms very small but only in it for a few hours. Restaurants close early even though it was Saturday night. Would only stay here again if in the same situation, an over-nighter. Staff friendly. Had breakfast buffet included but could not really enjoy as we had an early flight to catch but what we had was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and feedback. We hope to see you again on your next layover in Los Angeles!
Southampton England
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We first came to the Marriott LAX more than ten years ago for a Jazz Festival, but have, in those years since, come back at least once a year and sometimes more. The Jazz Festivals have usually been the core of our visit on each occasion, but we have returned at other times - including Christmas. We find that the central location makes it a good starting point for visits to the whole LA area - and even easier now they have sorted the 405 for most of the time !
We especially appreciate the staff at the hotel - where even the housekeeping staff often have ten or more years service and those fresh-faced youngsters on reception have a smile and seem pleased to see us back!
The hotel's various upgrades over the years have been appreciated - the beds are the equal of beds anywhere and many rooms have been refurbished as part of their ongoing programme. As elite members, we appreciate the concierge for breakfast on Weekdays and, if we're not going out, the evening hours and also the free internet and newspapers - especially when waking up jet-lagged at an early hour. During the jazz weekends we enjoy chatting with friends in the bar or the open area downstairs.
Our most recent trip extended to two weeks, with time ahead of the jazz to recover from the jet-lag (we're from UK) and also a few extended days afterwards for longer trips out in a rental car.
We have learned that if any problems develop they'll be fixed before we get back that day - and often followed up to check if we're happy.
Those Marriott Rewards add up too - enabling further stays or overnight stops if we're just passing through.
The place has become everything we could wish for and is our LA 'home from home' now

Room Tip: West-facing has something to watch ( sunsets and planes). During the jazz the balcony's overlook...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Wow, thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! We're delighted to have you as a loyal guest, and we're even happier to be your official "home away from home" in Los Angeles. We really appreciate your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!