“Nice pool....Staff ... Not so much” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #63 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Ventura, California
“Nice pool....Staff ... Not so much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Upon arriving at this hotel for a dance convention, I was told our room wouldn't be ready until after 4pm even though we booked in OCTOBER for APRIL. After the front desk took all of my uniform, charged my credit card and told me to come back I went to the pool for a bit. I came back an hour later to get the key and was told I was never checked in do I had to go back to my friend's room, get my purse, and do it all over again. After we checked out, I forgot my phone charger. I went to the front desk and was told there I couldn't get it even after I verified my credit card, address, and name. Finally, someone overheard the conversation and allowed me to get it. The parking was $29/night, there isn't free breakfast or wifi. You're better off parking a block away for $10/day. I won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank syteseer
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your concerns and have sent you a private message to follow up.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is my 2nd review of this hotel. We stayed one night on February 2nd and were upgraded to a suite (Room 4073 – 4th floor) with complementary breakfast. My reason for this 2nd review is to describe the suite with photos for those who might be interested.

The suite has a large sitting area with a pull-out sofa bed, desk, TV, buffet, and 4 leather dining chairs. The separate bedroom had a King bed, TV, chest of drawers. Off to the side was an alcove with a sink and a large closet. The bathroom, which was very small & tight, had another sink, toilet and tub/shower combo.

The room was nice and very clean. The views from the hotel windows are of other airport hotels, parking lots, and boulevards. From some windows, such as ours, you could see planes landing at LAX, but the hotel is 100% soundproof. There was no outside noise whatsoever; and perhaps because of the location at the end of a long hall and the back bedroom, we did not hear any hall noise either.

Rooms facing the inner courtyard pool have a balcony with chairs. Our room did not have a balcony.

We did not have breakfast in the hotel, but there is a Starbuck's in the lobby for those, like us, who just prefer to have a coffee in the morning.

My only complaint is the infrequent airport shuttle to the hotel. It runs every 30 minutes, although we waited 30 minutes or more. In that time, shuttles to other major area hotels came 3 or 4 times (Sheraton, Doubletree/Hilton, Radisson, etc.). When we complained to the shuttle driver about the long wait, he confided that Marriott is thinking of running the shuttle every 40 minutes. This would be extremely difficult for people arriving on long haul overseas flights.

Overall, we like this hotel when we have to spend the night near LAX.

Room Tip: The Suites are very large.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for the wonderfully-descriptive review! We love it when our guests share pictures of their stays with us, and we really appreciate your feedback! In regards to the shuttles, thank you for bringing this to our attention! We do not operate them, but we have passed your feedback on to our partner. We also have no plans to cut back the shuttle frequency. Nevertheless, we apologize for the delays, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Los Angeles!
Orange County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The customer service was some of the best I have seen anywhere. Check in/out was easy and quick. Parking was not free but convenient with valet/self-option. If you don’t need a car use a cab it’s easier. Hotel is right down the street from LAX and not far form 105/402 fwy’s. There are plenty of local food options in the hotel (café, fine dining and late night sports bar) and on the street, gas stations are near and quickie markets. Room service was quick and food was great! This Marriott has thought of everything-FedEx office, computers in lobby for printing e-tix, Starbucks, rental car, a salon and a great lobby for business or casual meetings. Each staff member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The room was nice/clean and bed slept well.
The reason for the 4 and down side was.. we were on the 7th floor and at about 11:30pm and 7am each day (ADA room for family with me) the noise in the hallway from a swinging door, ice maker and chatty maids. I believe if management handles this concern, it would make a HUGE difference. Otherwise, very good stay.

Room Tip: If you can do not stay on 7th floor near ice machine
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello, thanks for telling us about your stay! We appreciate that you stayed with us and will share your thoughts with our management team. We hope you'll choose our location again when you're in the area!
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hotel property was great, rooms were clean and the fitness area was well equipped with modern equipment and free weights. I would have given it 5 stars, but it simply was too busy for me. It took forever to get the car out of valet, the line at starbucks was forever and you even had to hold to get an operator. It was a hassle for a business traveler such as myself.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean but the bathrooms were surprisingly small, very small! Quiet despite being so close...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a clean and comfortable stay with us, and we hope to see you again on your next business trip!
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just came back from a 2-night stay at the Marriott LAX. Overall, it's a great hotel. True to Marriott quality room wise, very comfortable bedding. Nice lobby layout in regards to public space and restaurants. Good courtyard style pool helps to block the sound from the road to give you a more resort atmosphere.

There were only two items I thought could have been improved. We arrived around 6:30pm on Monday night. We had to wait about 1/2 hr for the shuttle. I know there are multiple buses, but it just didn't seem like they were spaced apart enough. As soon as one finally pulled up, wouldn't you know a 2nd one pulled up right behind. Sure, more of a nuisance, but just gets annoying when you see the other hotel's shuttle come by 2-3 times before you finally see one for the one you're staying at. I would have loved to say this shuttle instance was a 1-time thing, but I had to take the shuttle from the terminal on Tuesday night at well, and although it wasn't the 1/2 hr, still seemed to take longer than it should have with once again, two buses pulling up at the same time.

The 2nd detail that could have led to a major issue was their time date stamp on the phone. When you call for a wake-up call the system first tells you the time. That time was roughly 12-14 minutes fast. Luckily I went with my gut instinct and kept my original request time for the wake-up call instead of moving my request the 12-14 minutes later. The actual call came at the true time. Not the 'hotels' phone time. Just a small detail, but something that should be corrected before it leads to people missing flights, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank skyhawk352
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us! We definitely appreciate it and will share what you've said with our management team. We know you have a lot of choices in this area and we hope you'll chose us again!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed for my girls dance convention. The rooms are tiny. The bathroom can only fit one person at a time. We were on the 18th floor, concierge level. The lounge was close for the weekend so they gave us coupons for the breakfast buffet which was great! Other food was ok, had a turkey burger which was great. The kids fare was not spectacular but I like that they offer both fruit and fries. Staff was helpful, got a late checkout and no wait for help with bags. They handled a large dance convention with ease. Love that they have Starbucks in the lobby. The location, while convenient to Lax, is otherwise terrible. Not a place I would venture out by foot and no real good options outside the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy that you could enjoy breakfast on us, and we hope your girls were well-fed for their big convention. We'd love for you to stay with us again on your next layover or convention near LAX!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have been at this hotel for 2 and a half weeks now (we checked out on the weekends) and everyone has been extremely friendly. The bell staff, front desk, maids, etc. are great. Also, the concierge room staff go above and beyond especially Patrice and Blanca. I can't even put into words how great they are.
The rooms with the balconies are great with a nice view of the pool area.
We are here for one and half more weeks and will be coming back for sure!

1 Thank 702CAL
GeneralManager39, General Manager at Los Angeles Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We don't have many guests that stay a full month with us, so we're absolutely delighted that our staff has made you feel at home. Enjoy the rest of your time in Los Angeles, and don't hesitate to ask if we can assist you with anything before you leave.