Stayed here for two nights after a flight from Australia before heading onto our final destination. We have stayed here several times before as we are Marriott Platinum members and like the use of the Executive Club, which by the way, is closed on weekends. The rooms are rather small but not unusually so for an airport hotel. The rooms are a bit tired and the bed mattress in our room may have been at the end of it's replacement cycle. We ordered several meals in-room and were not disappointed. Most staff were very friendly and did their jobs well. There are a few restaurants lobby level and a well-stocked gift shop that sells some decent wines as well. The television was of good quality but when playing in-room movies the sound was not loud enough to hear well. We have experienced this on other stays so it must be the movie system. Now for the Executive Club. The snacks were very sub-standard with the veggies being discolored and wilted. Very low quality snacks as well and few as compared to other Clubs at other Marriotts. Alcohol comes at a charge also, which is not true of other Marriott properties. When I discussed this with a manager who happened to be in the club, he challenged me to name a US club where alcohol was free. When I named one his response was that it was a sister club not a Marriott. I had named an "Autograph" hotel . This lone manager was the down point of our stay. I should have discussed the shabbiness of his lounge. If you intend to stay here for the concierge level go elsewhere. Also I went to the club for breakfast at 8:55am and all the food was gone. Not even a cup of hot coffee. Why the rush to close? I have never experienced this and my partner and I landed up with a 40USD room service bill for breakfast. The customer does not come first or second at his Executive Club. I have just canceled my reservation here for November and will stay at the Renaissance nearby. Again did I mention we are Platinum Members?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover spacious rooms, innovative amenities and a sophisticated atmosphere when you book a stay at the luxurious Los Angeles Airport Marriott. Our hotel near LAX offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport, less than 1.5 miles away. Other nearby points of interest include the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Manhattan Beach, Third Street Promenade and a variety of shopping and dining. The Ocean Express Beach Trolley stops at the hotel every 30 minutes to transport guests to Manhattan Beach. Guest rooms at our LAX hotel feature plush bedding and modern technologies. Business travelers will appreciate high-speed Internet access, spacious work desks and ergonomic chairs. Our Marriott features two popular restaurants in addition to a sports bar and Starbucks(R) coffeehouse. Active travelers will enjoy our resort-style pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. Our hotel near LAX also features 55,000 square feet of event space for conferences, weddings and banquets. Enjoy the utmost in comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Los Angeles Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Marriott
- Marriott Los Angeles Airport