We stayed at this hotel unexpectedly when our 10 year old daughter got very sick on our way home from Costa Rica. She was throwing up on the plane, and we didn't want to put her in a car for the 6+ hour drive the rest of the way home. We made a reservation through hotels.com (I think) and showed up. Unfortunately it was pretty early in the day and they didn't have a clean room. They told us it would be a couple hours. As we continued with the checking in process, we requested a rollaway bed (we have 3 kids and needed to keep the sick kid away from the healthy ones), and were told that they were legally not able to put a rollaway bed in the standard rooms. The only thing they had that could fit all 5 of us in beds was a suite and that would be double the price. Frustrated by this situation, we stuck with standard room and requested extra blankets to make a bed on the floor. As the story of our sick daughter came out, the receptionist started making calls and talking to people in the back room. We didn't know what she was doing at first, but found out that she was doing everything she could to get us a room earlier than the 2 hour wait. After lots of work on her part, she secured us a room right away. We got up to the room and 10 minutes later there was a knock at the door with a delivery of an adorable plush stuffed animal for my daughter and a hand-written note from the receptionist wishing her to get better soon. We got the first smile from her after hours of being miserable. That little touch went a long way.
My other kids enjoyed the pool downstairs while I nursed my daughter back to health. Again, little touches were noticed, like the free popsicles handed out at the pool. It wasn't the absolute nicest hotel we've stayed at, but it was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff's attention to detail was appreciated. If ever needing to stay at a hotel by the airport, would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover spacious rooms, innovative amenities and a sophisticated atmosphere when you book a stay at luxurious Los Angeles Airport Marriott. Our hotel near LAX offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport, less than 1.5 miles away. Other nearby points of interest close to our hotel in Los Angeles, California include the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Manhattan Beach, Third Street Promenade and a variety of shopping and dining. The Ocean Express Beach Trolley stops at the hotel every 30 minutes to transport guests to Manhattan Beach. Guest rooms at our LAX hotel feature plush bedding and modern technologies. Business travelers will appreciate high-speed Internet access, spacious work desks and ergonomic chairs. Our Marriott features two popular restaurants in addition to a sports bar and Starbucks(R) coffeehouse. Active travelers will enjoy our resort-style pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Marriott
- Marriott Los Angeles Airport