“Very nice airport hotel and with ocean drive trolley visit to manhattan beach”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #65 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
izmir turkey
“Very nice airport hotel and with ocean drive trolley visit to manhattan beach”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

At the end of our West coast travel from Turkey,the last night we stayed at the Marriott Hotel Airport Los Angeles.It is really a very nice hotel and at the same time the price is very convinient.It is a big hotel there is a,swimming pool many people coming in and going out.The bed is very comfortable.Coffe maker in the room.There is a room asssistant at the telephone and asists you whatever you ask.The next day our plane was in the afternoon and I asked our room asistant what we could do in a few hours in the near of the hotel,and she told me if we pay 5 dolars pro person we could drive with the ocean tolley to Manhattan beach and then to Manhattan village.We've done this.It was really a very nice and unforgottable exprience.I would recomend it everyone..The Marriot hotel and Manhattan beach really worth to visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good I think.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2012

On my way to palm springs and flew in from ft lauderdale landed at midnight.
Off the plane down to the shuttle and in 5min I was at the check in desk.
5 min later I was lying in my favorite..... The Marriott bed with extra feather pillows.

Starbucks in the lobby..... Wish they had a free set up. Either this or make it in the room. Not the same they do it better.

Looking out the window I just realized that I booked a car with budget, I thought I would have to back to the airport to pick it up but go figure it it right across the street. Very convenient

Nice place good location great bed

Can't speak for value I used points

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was here for 2 nights on a business trip and was upgraded to a suite on the 16th floor facing the airport. Windows are double-paned and I didn't here a thing. The food in both restaurants and bars were great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank HI_96761
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Rooms are really small, really small. You can't have more than one person in the bathroom which is a problem with small children. Staff OK, not really friendly. Parking and food is far more expensive than reasonable when compared to other nearby hotels or other Marriotts. In Torrance, they charge 17 dollars for parking, not 32. The food is not so good, and more expensive than any hotel I've been too, even in expensive Frisco. 15 dollars for a tasteless, cheap burger, 21 dollars for a joke of a breakfast with cold bacon, cold potatoes, cold/cheap sausages, cheap cold-cuts, and poor/rude service. You are better off with day old breakfast from McDonalds. Overall, I call this hotel a joke, at best. A lot of pretentious stuff and falling far short from anything good. It is a motel 6 with a different name. As a matter of fact, stay at motel 6 nearby and you will be better off. I can say worse Marriott ever, and I stay at a lot of them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim J
Reviewed March 8, 2012

In mid January, I stayed at the LAX Marriott after arriving from a business trip to Taiwan. After a very long flight, I was looking forward to a comfortable, quiet stay. I knew there was a hotel shuttle, but I stood out on the curb for nearly 45 minutes waiting, even though the hotel is only a mile or two away. I probably should have just walked. Once on board, I had to stand because the shuttle was packed with other travelers. Made it to the front desk about 9PM but I, and other travelers, were ignored because a contingent of flight personnel had also just arrived. Turns out, this hotel is the layover headquarters for a large number of flight personnel (flight attendants and pilots) who get their own counter, clerks, and priority. I finally got my room by going down to the ground floor level. This was very strange but I was told this was the only room available. It opened outside onto the exterior pool courtyard, but in January, everything was closed up and this room was cold and unappealing. It also had been used recently as an overflow room associated with a conference on that floor. It was missing toiletries, a pillow, in-room coffe pot, and an alarm clock. When I called the very busy desk, I was told this would be remedied at once, but it never was.
Next, I went upstairs hoping to get a glass of wine in a quiet pub atmosphere. The nice looking restaurant still had patrons but I was told that I could not get a glass of wine in there, they were closing soon, but I could go next door to the breakfast restaurant where a a small bar was located, and get one there. Some people were mingling and watching TV in the bright lights of this kitchen-y area, but that was not what I had in mind, so I skipped that.
The next morning, all I wanted was a cup of coffee. I made my way back upstairs to the lobby level and was greeted by a mob of ladies and young girls in attendance for some sort of gymnastics or dance conference. Most of the ladies/moms were in line at the Starbucks counter in the hotel. The line wrapped all the way around and down the hallway. Several of us customers went, instead, to the harried hostess at the cafe who got us coffees to go. It was very chaotic, and no seats were available in the cafe for breakfast. Needless to say, I checked out and took off as soon as I could. This experience was so different from my other stays with this fine hotel group that I felt compelled to write this review. I won't be back at this one.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank OhioSilverLaker1
Montclair, NJ
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Nicer than the average Marriott I've stayed in. Rooms were pleasant and the breakfast buffet was excellent. The only problem I had is that the shuttles to the airport were extremely crowded, disorganized and the staff seemed overwhelmed however I realize it was probably the peak of the morning rush to the airport.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Used for layover on international connection. Close to airport, convenient shuttle. We arrived before 10am and were given immediate checkin, very happy about that. Room was clean and quiet, everything worked as it should. Ate twice in the casual restaurant on the main floor, good breakfast & dinner. All the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple