“Pet-friendly”

Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Ranked #104 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Love the tiled flooring for the pet rooms. Beddings were clean and neatly done. Though it was a non-smoking room, there were cigarrette butts on the back patio. YURI at the front desk has a very welcoming attitude, very helpful and friendly!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us. We are the only hotel within the LAX corridor that excepts all sizes of dogs plus a variety of other pets. There is a pet fee as after each guest stay all bedding and throw rugs are cleaned...drapes are vacuumed, and walls are scrubbed once a month. The tile floor helps us to insure we provide each guest with a clean room and no lingering odors.
We apologize for the patio area still having cigarette stubs -- the area is scheduled to be walked through by staff 3 times a day to remove cigarette debris.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I picked the hotel because it was close to the airport and close to offices I had to visit. My pet parrot Ellie was flying in by Swiss Cargo from Athens Greece and I had to clear her thru customs and USDA and FWS..I did not know the area at all. I based my choice on the reviews from Tripadvisor. Lupe checked me in and Mary picked a room designated for pets close to the office. Luis the shuttle driver arranged for transportation to the offices I needed to go to after dark to get Ellie checked into the US. Nice big room, tile floors for pet owners made sense. After I got Ellie I returned there for the night thinking we would fly home the next day. The LAX shooting occurred the next morning a half mile from us. All flights cancelled and another nights stay quickly arranged for me. Enough about me...now the hotel....clean,beautiful grounds continuously manicured...great breakfast with waffles,pancakes,rolls,cereals lots of fruit and drinks..kid friendly.The bed amazingly fluffy and better then some of my stays at high end hotels.Coffee maker in the room and toiletries to use..nice TV with cable service and free wifi. 2 computers in the lobby to use and a great little gift shop. Laundry room and exercise room to boot.The added plus is they are attached to a Denny's that has a lounge for a cocktail or 2...Close to everything and shuttle service free to some of the area restaurants'...Shuttle service to LAX every 30 minutes is prompt. I can not say enough about the wonderful service in light of the tragedy at LAX.Definately should be at the top of your list when you visit LA...and do not listen to the reviews that say the planes go right over the top of the hotel...yes they do...but you do not hear them in the rooms....Job well done,nice people,nice place...and a nice price..

Room Tip: Most rooms have nice patios with little tables and chairs to enjoy..no elevators for the 2nd floor.I...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marilyn S
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

A sincere thank you for your wonderful review. You have conveyed a wonderful verbal photograph of our classic fifties hotel. We do not attempt to compete with the opulent high rise hotels...what we do strive to do is make each person's stay a "personal" experience...where customer service is at the top of our priority list. We also strive to provide as many complimentary amenities at a moderate room rate without compromising the standards of good housekeeping, shuttle maintenance, and immaculate landscaping. December is a interesting month when two men scale our 29 palm trees that are over 100ft tall to remove the dead palm fronds.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place for the price. We travel all over the world a lot and stay in resorts. We werent quite sure where to stay in LA. We read the reviews for the Travelodge and decided to give it a go and it couldnt have worked out better. We drove around alot and didnt take long to get anywhere. Hotel pool area has that 1960s hollywood feel so a few nights we just got wine and hung out on our patio. Have fun!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Taraggegair
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you having chosen the Travelodge Hotel at LAX to provide for your lodging needs. Many guests are surprised by the close proximity of the popular tourist sites to the airport. The airport is like the hub of a wheel providing relatively easy access--10 to 40 minute drive (depending on traffic) to visit the beaches to Universal City and Beverly Hills.
The touch of vintage Hollywood does provide for a lodging experience unique to the airport.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having read the various reviews, esp the 'less than glorious' ones as they inevitably tend to gain more traction, I decided to go ahead anyway and book this hotel regardless and I was not disappointed.

From very friendly Jeff handling my reservation in the middle of the night to Lance sending me a confirmation early in the morning as had been promised and further giving me unsolicited but very welcome valuable tips to deal with my car rental pick-up for my then pending arrival at LAX, I cannot really fault my stay.

Reviews naturally are subjective hence how varied they are on here but for me, one has to retain some perspective for what one pays for, hence my "value for money". If I wanted 5* service, I would have checked in to the Beverly Wilshire. The room was very clean, bed comfortable with clean linens, polite and friendly staff and the hotel felt secure enough without being intusive. Yes...breakfast was 'so..so' but adequate and is complimentary. Free parking helps and had no issues connecting with the wi-fi from my room which was on the far side of the complex! I guess all boils down to one's “expectation” and for the purpose of my stay, I was not disappointed.

Would recommend and definitely stay again!

Room Tip: My room towards the north end of the complex did not suffer from aircraft noise!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank YabanTrav
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time to submit an objective review of your stay with us. Within the Century Blvd. hotel corridor to the airport, we are the last remaining two story inn that offers moderate room rates. If your expectations picture a modern façade hotel with a large lobby and elevators to the second landing, then you will be disappointed. If you like to walk outdoors through flora and fauna; enjoy a clean and comfortable room setting; be served by a friendly and knowledgeable staff with the additional; pluses of free parking, Wi-Fi access, and continental breakfast, then we are a good choice for you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Check inn was good get your $5.00 bus ticket to go to Manhattan Beach. For lunch, beach and shopping.
Free wifi
Breakfast was just so so and your feet will stick to the floor.
They have rooms by the pool, but not if your only there for one night. They make you walk into dark places.
Old hotel no elevators request 1st floor if older or have bags.

Room Tip: No elevators 1st floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeraldHirsh

Our frills provided for a moderate room rate....continental breakfast that includes waffles, pancakes, sausage, bagels, toast, cream cheese, peanut butter, a selection of juices, fresh fruits, hot and cold cereals assortment, hot chocolate -- need a full menu hot breakfast? Denny's Restaurant adjoins the hotel. Bonuses include free parking, Wi-Fi access, and a guest computer center...gift shop and gym. We do not have a large lobby or Jacuzzis in our guest rooms but we do have luxurious gardens with a junior size Olympic pool. Pool area rooms are available for overnight guests...pool or standard a slight difference in room rate. Yes, the hotel does not have a lift to the second level; however, staff is available to assist with luggage.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

After reading many reviews for this hotel we stayed 2 nights after arriving from Australia before flying on to the east coast. Right from the start things were great. We rang the hotel for the shuttle bus and they picked us up within 10 minutes, the driver was lovely and very informative about things to do in the local area. Great proximity to LAX. There was a bus stop just down the road which took us to Westfield Culver City to start our many hours of shopping! Plenty of places around the hotel to eat and the area felt safe to walk around. The hotel itself was more that sufficient, it had a homely feel to it and is very clean and well looked after for its age and the gardens are beautiful. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Oh and the beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on at any hotel I have ever stayed at! =)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pinkelle_1979
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. Yes, the new mattresses have received rave comments from guests. The mere size of the airport area can be overwhelming; however, the transit system to shopping malls and beaches is relatively easy. The front desk staff are very knowledgeable about area restaurants, transit system, and tours, They are always available to be your "tour guide".

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel very well located and easily accessible by car. Free parking and plenty of space, free internet.
Hotel in general quite old and needs some re-decoration. Breakfast needs definitely to be improved.
In general good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms looking on the swimming pool are quiter at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hasselmc
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your review. Although our room amenities are of the 21st Century, the design of the hotel is retro fifties. We definitely do not have a contemporary look; however, our guest rooms have new mattresses, 32-inch flat screen televisions, carpets, drapes, bed coverings, and even an ergonomic desk chair!
Clarification of continental breakfast expectations--if you want to full menu hot breakfast then the Denny's that adjoins the hotel is your best option. As a complimentary continental breakfast, we have a very extensive menu that includes 4 hot items...waffles, pancakes, sausage, and cereal.