“Frequent traveler”

Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Ranked #101 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed 2 nights prior to our departure from LAX was a little dubious as the price was a third of the cost of other hotels, we stayed in the Westin nearby earlier in the trip and that was excellent but you paid for it! We found the Travrlodge perfect, a convenient location near LAX wIth a Dennys next door for a cheap and cheerful meal. If you take the time to read the story of the hotel in the folder in the room you will see what a glorious history the hotel has had. Yes there is road and aircraft noise but personally that sends me to sleep, there is no elevator but not the end of the world, we paid extra for a pool view and it was lovely! Free breakfast finishes at 9 which is a little early. A special mention for Tony the shuttle bus driver, really nice friendly guy an assett to the staff.

• Stayed October 2012
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
We provide an option for travelers....we appreciate you for having taken the risk to decide to stay with us so that we could provide for your lodging needs. Our 2 star rating is due to building requirements that would necessitate structural changes to the Fifties design that we chose to retain. For example, the percentage of rooms that need to have bathtubs for our 147 room property even though a survey indicates that people who use bathtubs at home prefer showers when traveling; requirement to have 4 pillows on a bed -- for some reason they must be on the bed and not in a closet; or you must provide two hot items for the continental breakfast regardless of the number of food items from which a guest can select ...it seems that the traditional European continental breakfast is being redefine in the United states--our one item is hot oat meal. Consequently, we retain a moderate price while providing many complimentary guest amenities-- parking during length of stay; Wi-Fi; continental breakfast; newspaper; shuttle service to the airport and car rental agencies..

Providing our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations is essential; most inportant is the personal service provided by staff. In a hotel designed and built in the Fifties, the issue of having elevators is one that we cannot modify -- the staff is available to assist guests.

The Manhattan Beach Ocean Express Bus is a perfect option for a guest who has to wait for a flight that departs in the evening. The ride is pleasant...and if you have time to take a walk along the beach...very refreshing and picturesque.
Riverside, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

At first we thought we had made a mistake -- first impressions were not good. But allowing for the fact that its an older hotel we grew to think -- this isn't bad. The staff were friendly and polite and the rooms were very clean. The decor is a bit old fashioned but it was in reasonable to good condition. The shape of the rooms was great with a very large and an attractive balcony/french doors overlooking the pool --- but beware the balcony railing height if you have boistrous kids in your room --- it seemed a little low to us. We certainly would go back if it wasn't for the road noise along Aviation Blvd. That road seems to be very busy and we were woke up several times by police cars barreling past, with sirens screaming, in the early hours -- maybe we were unlucky enough to choose a night when something bad had happened locally. However I would suggest a room in the rank furthest from Aviation if you are a light sleeper. Also at first the lighting in the bathroom seemed very poor. We did eventually notice there is a light above the mirror but we took a while to find the swich -- it is on the shaving socket.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Aviation Blvd..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisMarianne
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Travelodge for your lodging needs and taking the time to submit your review. Our goal is to obtain 100% guest satisfaction that includes reasonable rates and many amenities for a 2 star property. We have continually expanded the continental breakfast menu so that today there are over 15 food items from which to select. Our standards for cleanliness and landscaping equal 3, 4, and 5 star properties while being a moderately price hotel. Our success is due to a staff who understand that our occupancy rates and positive reviews results from the commitment they had to the quality of work they do.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This review is based on my expectations of a nice and affordable place close to LAX. It is not a 5 star hotel but it is definitely worth it. Extremely clean rooms, well cared for lawns and buildings, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, and a great continental breakfast made our stay a great experience. Definitely a place to return to. Thank you!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that this is an older building in close proximity to a major airport, there will be som...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the staff and management thank you for selecting the Travelodge for your lodging needs and then taking the time to submit your review. Clean and comfortable rooms are essential for a guest to enjoy their stay. However, the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff is the key to why the hotel maintains a 98% occupany rate and an 80-82% approval score--the best for 2 star and even 3 star properties in the airport area.
new jersey
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I booked this hotel after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. The responses of the management convinced me that this was a hotel that cared about its customer. I was definitely right! I am giving it a rating of Excellent…please keep in mind: this is not a five star hotel. My rating is based on what I expected for the price I paid.

This hotel was exactly what I wanted. I had a midday flight to SanFran so I needed a place to
spend the night and morning. Nothing fancy…I wouldn't be there that long. My first positive impression was the pleasantness of the people who checked me in. Couldn't have been nicer. When I got to my room, I was pleased to find it spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I was at the back of the hotel and there was a fence outside of my window, but i wasn't there for the scenic panorama so I didn't mind. Free wi-fi was a definite plus!

In the morning, I had a delightful breakfast which was provided by the hotel. There is a Dennys attached to the hotel but I saw no reason to pass up this lovely continental breakfast. AFter breakfast I had about three hours to kill and asked the desk manager what she suggested. She told me about a shuttle that ran to Manhattan Beach. Well, this was great!! I got on it right down from the hotel. I was concerned that I would not be back in time, so I took the shuttle but didn't get off. It was a fun one hour ride that took me past beautiful beaches and very nice shopping areas. A perfect way to spend some time. The next time I am in the area, I will get off the shuttle and spend some time exploring the area. Upon my return, I sat around the pool,…yes, a pool (!) ….and then had to leave.

When it was time to go to the airport, the hotel provided a shuttle. Driver was very nice and I was at LAX in no time. All in all, this was an excellent choice of hotels. Would it be my choice of a vacation spot? No, but I would highly recommend as a go-to hotel for those who have time between flights.

Room Tip: There is no elevator and I walked pretty far to get to my room. Had light luggage. If you have a l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
The staff and management appreciate when guests take their time to submit a review which describes what they enjoyed about a property. We appreciate suggestions--based on guest comments we have modified procedures and implemented room upgrades.
The enjoyment of our vintage hotel occurs when the guest's expectations and room rate being paid are realistically compared. Clean, comfortable, friendly, and secure -- these criteria are like the A, B, C's of hotel management. However, the key is the attitude of the staff. Each person in every department is aware that their job performance is a vital link to the success of the hotel. The "extra" services provided is what separates us from our competitive field. The expanded continental breakfast; the free Wi-Fi; complimentary shuttle service; and a personable and helpful front desk staff. With this scenario the situation becomes a "win-win" for both the guest and the hotel.
Gold Coast
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a convenient hotel to stay at when traveling to/from Los Angeles Airport. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The courtesy bus is handy. the staff are all friendly and helpful. There is a Denny's at the entrance to the hotel for convenience of meals. Hotel has it own little shop for supplies and souvenirs. The breakfast is very nice and a good way to start your day. I have stayed here both times when travelling from Australia and will the next time also.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are good mbut idf you want very quiet request rooms at the back
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael19490_10, Manager at Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
All reviews are important and value. However, there is a little extra pleasure the staff and management enjoy when a review comes from a guest who has stayed with us before and plans to return. Within our "Inn" setting there are many services available....from the Denny's Restaurant and lounge that adjoins the hotel, the gift shop, guest laundry facility, and
continental breakfast room. There are 5 car rental agencies within three blocks of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Manager