2,124 results
All reviews burger king the concierge lounge rental car an early morning flight manhattan beach between flights shuttle service century blvd front desk staff free shuttle self parking bed was comfortable long flight stayed one night per day santa monica lax
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2019

A location can be helpful, a building can be inviting, but the staff will make or break any hotel stay. The staff at the Renaissance is amazing. I stay there once a month for 5 days, every month. Every time I check in I get greeted by Isabel or Javier and I feel right at home. They are consummate professionals with a wonderful positive attitude. To be fair, you can check in on your mobile phone and the checkout process is down to a handful of minutes. As much as I enjoy chatting with the staff...I'm not a people person so I check in, the room is ready, and I go. Check out is even faster. The gym is bigger than most places and I never have trouble getting a machine and access to the weights. Avoid the crowds on Tuesday/Wednesday by going early. The pool is getting work done but it is too small to do laps. Big enough for kids to blow off steam and adults to unwind. The airport is 5 minutes away and you are surrounded by rental car companies. If you don't want to eat at the hotel you need to explore a bit. Go ask one of the Marriott navigators. I already have my reservations made through December of this year.

Room tip: Club lounge floor (11) is very convenient if you have access to the club. The gym is on the second floor so there is more traffic.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Dear Nikolaus B,

Thank you for returning to the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. The greatest compliment we receive is having guests return to our hotel because they love the staff and everything our hotel has to offer, especially our fitness center. We are very proud of the exceptional service we provide our guests every day, and we will surely share your compliments with Isabel and Javier. We await your return.

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Great all around service by staff. I accidentally charged too much to a Corp card at the restaurant. The next morning, The restaurant manager and front desk manager took time to adjust my bill so I was below my allowed per dime! Saved me endless emails from accounting and my boss!

Room was cleaner than an operating room. Valets were ready with car well ahead of time.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Patrick C,

We appreciate you choosing the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel and taking time to review your stay. We are delighted you received excellent service from our staff, who helped you resolve the issue you faced promptly, as this is what we strive to do every day. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts and for allowing us to be of service. It was also a pleasure to read you liked our spotless accommodations and valet services as well. We hope to have the pleasure of doing so again in the near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

This reservation was booked with Priceline so my guess is we got the worst room in the hotel because of that. The room is right on top of the gym--so when someone couldn't sleep and decided to go throw weights around at 4:30am? it sounded like we were next to a bowling alley. We called and complained and the front desk staff said they would investigate. We heard the noises on and off until the morning. When we called back in the morning they said they didn't know what it was. We investigated and found the gym, exactly one floor down. We complained at check out and they said sorry, they know that can be a problem and would we like a complimentary bottle of water (!!) -- they said there was nothing they can do because it was booked via Priceline. Complaint to Priceline and they say the management denied any of this! PLUS, we booked the hotel in part for the pool, which was closed during construction...this was not on their website and really should be. Really bad stay, I would never recommend this hotel if you value sleep and enjoying your vacation! I will also never use Priceline again as they really don't care about their customer's experience!

Room tip: Make sure the room is not above the gym!! really loud, 24 hrs!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear TravelGirlGEHEN,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us Having said that, we are truly sorry that you encountered several issues with your room that left such a lasting impression on your visit. We appreciate you mentioning the issues you faced due to the noise from our gym, so we can ensure our team follows up to correct it however possible. We strive to ensure our guests are always in the best room possible, regardless of how they booked, and in this case, it seems this was not done with much grace. We certainly understand how this could be a deterrent from what could have been a much better experience. We assure you, we will have this addressed with our team. While we know that does not negate the negative experience you had, it is our hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to our city so we may have the chance to provide you with the excellent stay we are known for.

Our pool is undergoing upgrades which we hope will help enhance our guest experience. We expect the pool enhancements to be completed very soon and we thank you for your patience. We have shared your feedback with our front desk and reservation teams to address for future bookings so that the same issue does not arise again.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is really close to the airport and provides a shuttle. The rooms were super clean and beds extremely comfy. Staff was amazing the bar and restaurant staff were really friendly and attentive. I forgot an item in my room and called them and had it shipped to me. Think of this hotel if you want to stay near hotel for a great price.

Trip type: Traveled solo
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear FrankieJArreazola,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. We are thrilled we met your expectations for an outstanding visit to our city. It is our pleasure to know you loved our convenient location, comfortable accommodations, and dedicated hospitality. Your satisfaction is very important to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a great one. We hope to welcome you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Awesome stay at the Renaissance. Fast shuttle from the airport and great room. Close to the airport. Beds were comfy and the rooms looked to have been renovated.
We went out to eat however the restaurant at the hotel looked super busy while were in the lobby.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear 96traceyp,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel and for your wonderful feedback. We are thrilled you loved our convenient location with proximity to the airport as well as our comfortable beds and newly renovated room. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know we are meeting our goal of service excellence. We hope to see you again on your next trip to sunny Southern California.