“Close to LAX”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #74 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Looking for a great place to stay near LAX, then this is it. Great location, awesome staff, nice bar. The place is a bit older but well maintained. The lobby is very cool. Rooms are not over priced. Airport shuttle included.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff B
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am glad to know that you enjoyed our location close to LAX, our wonderful staff, and the nice bar. It is pleasing to know that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle as well. I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review and I hope you will join us again in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed @the hotel for two nights the service was great ,food and service couldn't ask for anything better .The onion soup wow just delish.Hope to be back next year on our way to Hawaii ,Aloha location was very good close to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for your positive feedback on our dining, the service, and our location near the airport. I am so pleased that the onion soup was quite enjoyable! I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was a bit hesitant about staying here when I walked by several days before my stay (while walking from the nearby Hilton to the Avis car rental facility), and noticed how much noise jets were making as they were passing nearby by while landing on the north(?) runway of LAX. The first room I was given was on the 6th floor, facing Century Boulevard and saw the planes landing. I didn't notice a lot of noise, but requested a room facing the other direction (the desk agent had encouraged me to see if I liked the room and, if not, to request a change). I got a room on the 9th floor facing away from the airport. I was not bothered by jet noise the entire night. Even less noise than at the Hilton, where my wife and I had usually stayed.

The room was spacious and relatively modern. Room safe a bit antiquated, but that was a small problem. I had dinner at the bar rather than the regular restaurant. Not gourmet food, but fine, with an okay beer selection.

I went over to LAX that night to see exactly where I'd check in the next day, and on the return the hotel's shuttle seemed to pass by less often than those of some other hotels (especially the Marriott). When I took the shuttle the next morning, and I was the last one left off (before the driver circulated on the lower level road to pick up arriving passengers), I started to walk over to rent a cart, and the driver signaled to me to not do it: he took two of my bags and I took the others, into the terminal.

I got a good deal through the American Airlines Web site. Rate was lower than I could have gotten at the Hilton or Marriott. I'd rate it above the Crowne Plaza, where I've also stayed.

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the airport and Century Boulevard ("facing the city," is h...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was so accommodating in helping you feel comfortable with your room. I am glad to know that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle and I appreciate your positive feedback on your overall experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

So overall the hotel was a mediocre stay. The valet and front desk attendants were very friendly and had answers to any questions we had. The room was just a typical room. For some reason our bathroom light wouldn't shut off, so we just kept the door shut while we were there. Location wise, it is by the airport so the highway was close by. The only issue we ran into while being here is that they charged our card 3x. My fiance booked the hotel online and added me as a guest and they tried to explained it to us as they thought it was for two separate rooms. The manager was very helpful and told us he would try to have it refunded the next day. He called our bank to try and get the refund processed quickly, later informing us that he couldn't do anything and had to wait for the accountant to come in on Monday (after we were leaving). We stayed Thursday to Sunday. We didn't notice the charges until our bank notified us on Friday. Unfortunately, the refund of the money wasn't the next day as promised, so we were out of some spending money for the trip. Thank goodness we didn't NEED it while we were there or else we would have been in a bind. We checked out on Sunday and they took off all the fee's for parking,only to charge it to our card again now. We are back home now (Tuesday) and the money still hasn't been released back into our account. We are still trying to figure out what is going on. We have called to ask them to take our card out of their system because they are continuing to charge fee's to our account when we aren't even there. We asked to be compensated for the inconveniences and they said they only thing they could do was give us 1/2 off of one night and to give it about a week or two and everything should be corrected in our account. Even though the hotel was decent and the staff was friendly, I don't imagine we will be staying here again. If you stay here just make sure you pay attention to what they are charging you for and how many times they are charging you. Even though they are supposed to be giving us free parking and 1/2 a night free, the stay was not worth the trouble we had to and are still going through because of their mistakes. We're just glad that the overcharges didn't put us in a bad situation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana C
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer a review of your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful but am also disappointed to hear about the challenges in regards to your account. I understand how frustrating the situation is to have charges added to your account inadvertently while traveling, especially while the reversal may take a few days. I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with the best experience possible. Rest assured that I will speak with the individuals involved to ensure that our process will be improved in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I love this place the customer service is EXCELLENT! From valet to house cleaning.
Front desk; David checked us in... 10
Bellman; John... 10
House cleaning; Elaina ...10
Hotel Ambassador; Vendetta... 10
I had my 2 children 4yrs.old and 2 yrs. old with me and they were treated like stars. I love a place that make me feel like I am wanted. I did not remember I was at an airport hotel. It was busy but they were very attentive to my entire party. Yes, we had 2 rooms.
The rooms are extremely clean and the food is great.
Thank you guys for a lovely weekend. See you in April
Faruq/Battle family

Room Tip: Room 338/339 were nice but room 339 did not have a nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review of your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found our customer service to be excellent throughout your stay. We are very proud of our guest services, and I am very happy that you and your children were made to feel special during your visit. I appreciate your positive feedback and greatly look forward to welcoming you back in April for another exceptional stay!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've stayed here many times for business travel. Hotel sits right on the flight path to the runway, so ask for a west facing room if you want to see the planes land. Rooms are quite comfy and service is prompt. As a elite member my keys were always ready, thus checkin took 2 minutes. Lounge has good snacks and breakfast in the mornings. Gym has the standard equipment thus is good for folks if they need to get a quick workout in. Parking is high, but is competitive to the area.

Definitly recommend staying here. Nice quite hotel, more modern than the Marriot Hotel in front.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the runway so you can watch the planes land...its awesome...and no noise!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank klg1829
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review about the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the comfortable accommodations and prompt service. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I have been coming here for over 15 years during business trips and after a three year absence, I feel like this has gone downhill for Marriott Elite members. Years ago this particular hotel under Greg Lehman's management treated its elite members top notch and spoiled us with room upgrades; the staff literally treated us like family, the staff left personal welcome notes in our room and called to ensure everything was okay. It was always nice to come back to this particular hotel. This trip is the opposite as this typical room is so tiny we cannot open two large suitcases, it is a bit dismal as well as far from the elevator. No one has followed up to even see how we are doing and I am glad I am here for only one night this time. All good things must come to an end and so I would not recommend this hotel over any other chain at this point....yes, I sound spoiled, but there are too many hotels still willing to cater to its guests.....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. Certainly as our guest for 15 years we value your patronage at our hotel and I am disappointed that we were not able to make you feel as welcome as you have in the past. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We value our Marriott Elite Members and I would love to talk to you personally about your stay. Please contact me by calling the main number of the hotel and requesting Michael Wlodkowski.